Paul Leading Despite Racist, Homophobic Train-Wreck

The racist, homophobic, conspiracy-laden train-wreck that is the Ron Paul campaign is continuing to lead the polls in Iowa despite the national attention given to some of the most damning information to ever emerge regarding a presidential candidate.

As former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has faded in Iowa following a barrage of negative ads, the latest polls show the race coming down to Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney. Numbers out from Public Policy Polling (D) on Tuesday night show that while Gingrich has dropped in the state, GOP voters are moving to Romney as an alternative while Paul builds slightly on the support he’s been building for months.

The survey shows Paul with 24 percent of likely Iowa caucus-goers, Romney with 20, and Gingrich 13. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) sees 11 percent support, while Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum both get ten percent. The rest of the field is in single digits.

If Iowans have any self-respect remaining after this months-long pandering session, they will not nominate a man who made millions of dollars off the sale of a newsletter containing some of the kookiest, racist and homophobic shit imaginable.

Ron Paul is now such an unsavory character it seems likely none of the remaining candidates would endorse him should they drop out of the race. Newt Gingrich even went as far as to suggest he would vote for President Obama over Ron Paul.

Meanwhile, some self-titled scholars continue to parrot the idea that Ron Paul is to the Left of President Obama.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll, Racism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • whoknowsanything

    You should say Iowan Republicans. Some of us are working very hard for the Presidents reelection and are not participating in the circus of the Republican primary.

    Greenwald just posted a major defense of Ron Paul. A defense of Ron Paul by Greenwald from last year. I feel like vomiting. http://www.salon.com/2010/05/28/crazy_10/singleton/

    Well, I am embarrassed to say that I just looked at the date on the link, and the piece was posted in May of 2010. I picked it up via Twitter, whereby it had been posted because it is relevant to the discussions occurring today.

    • jjasonham

      I never read Salon or Greenwald’s posts. There are a lot more commenters there pointing out the ridiculous than I thought there would be. Either way, it really is handwringing at it’s finest. There are no solutions explored or offered…ever. WHY WRITE THE ARTICLE?

        I don’t generally go anywhere near FDL or Salon (since 2009) either, but I saw the link on Twitter and had to read it.

        It is disgusting to watch a so-called Democrat defend the likes of Ron Paul, even as that same person tears down the most progressive president we’ve had in decades.

        • jjasonham

          Glenn’s response to a commenter:

          Seriously, are you illiterate?

          How completely dumb must someone be – after I wrote 4,000 words explaining that the point is NOT that Paul isn’t crazy, but that the two parties are at least AS CRAZY — to come and think that my point is that Ron Paul is a great, sane man?

          I knew that people like you would be deeply confused by the point, so I didn’t just merely pay extra attention to clarifying it for you – I actually went out of my way, multiple times, to tell you: DON’T THINK THE POINT IS X, BECAUSE IT ISN’T.

          I even put it in its own separate section at the very end.

          And yet, still, people like you come and act as though X is the point.

          Do you really not see what you’re doing?

          “As crazy”?? Voting for DOMA does not qualify every congressman who did as “crazy”. When did those same congressmen advocate overturning the 14th amendment? This is why I never read his or FDL dramatics. Not all “sins” are truly equal.

            He is defending the creepy racist, he can deny it all he likes.

            damn, he makes me gag……

          • jjasonham

            Unfortunately, I was compelled to respond. Help me jeebus.

            Good job, jjason! :)

        • D_C_Wilson

          Greenwald is a professional contrarian and whiner, not a democrat.

  • muselet

    Rick Santorum disagrees with Newt:

    “I’d vote for anybody over Barack Obama,” Santorum said after a town hall here when asked specifically if he could vote for Paul. “But I’d have a lot of heartburn on the national security issues with Ron Paul.”

    That probably sounds very compelling to all five supporters The Frothy Mix has in Iowa.

      He’ll be down to four if he doesn’t cough up that million bucks.

  • quakerinabasement

    He made “millions of dollars” from his newsletter? I call shenanigans.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_O5L4POSLPMAW6RM5PF2SWVQ4TU Francis Z

    Gee, let’s rewind this twelve years for perspective: “Bush, Jr., Leading Despite Racist, Homophobic Train-Wreck.” Enough said?

      And? Are you trying to say that everyone is a racist homophobe? Should we not call RP out? What is your POINT?

  • mrbrink

    Greenwald: Vote Ron Paul! Because Ron Paul’s economic war on the American poor and humanity-over would be a lot less bloody and graphic than a war against terrorists fighting to control trillions in power-shifting energy resources.

    Odd priorities.

    According to Greenwald, Ron Paul’s insidiously racist policies of economic neglect, indifference, and corporate deregulation here at home is preferable to Obama because of Afghanistan/Pakistan.

    It’s like a choice between mass-poisoning or a cold sore.

    Greenwald says, “give them the poison!”

    It’s much less unsightly.

  • D_C_Wilson

    My post to Greenwald’s rant:

    Okay, people who vote third parties aren’t crazy. Fair enough. They’re just idiots throwing away their votes and helping to elect someone whose views are likely 180 degrees opposite to theirs.

    Oh, and Ron Paul may have a handful of good ideas, but his bad ones vastly out number them.

    One more thing:

    Ron Paul is batshit crazy. Sorry to upset you