Quote of the Day

“Like being a woman, like being a racial, religious, tribal, or ethnic minority, being LGBT does not make you less human. And that is why gay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights.

“It is violation of human rights when people are beaten or killed because of their sexual orientation, or because they do not conform to cultural norms about how men and women should look or behave. It is a violation of human rights when governments declare it illegal to be gay, or allow those who harm gay people to go unpunished…. No matter what we look like, where we come from, or who we are, we are all equally entitled to our human rights and dignity. […]

“To the leaders of those countries where people are jailed, beaten, or executed for being gay, I ask you to consider this: Leadership, by definition, means being out in front of your people when it is called for. […]

“And finally, to LGBT men and women worldwide, let me say this: Wherever you live and whatever the circumstances of your life, whether you are connected to a network of support or feel isolated and vulnerable, please know that you are not alone. People around the globe are working hard to support you and to bring an end to the injustices and dangers you face. That is certainly true for my country. And you have an ally in the United States of America and you have millions of friends among the American people.” Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Someone once said that this was the worst administration ever for gay people. They were very, very wrong.

Also, as Benen noted, if you still believe the Republicans and the Democrats are the same, you’re crazy.

Adding… To wit:

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Paul Warren Jr

    That’s just sickening, Rick Perry is a shame to our state.

  • The_Dork_Knight

    “Someone once said that this was the worst administration ever for gay people.”

    What crazy person said this?

      Dan Choi.

      • The_Dork_Knight

        I looked this up. Yep, he tweated something similar (if more nuanced) to this. Thanks for the info. Disappointing. I have a lot of respect for Choi and the battles he fights. I wonder if he regrets his intemperate language in this case.

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    Rick Perry is still making commercials?

  • Chachizel

    Rick Perry really is a douche

  • hypnoladyl

    I have for years heard people say the just don’t like Hillary Clinton. When I ask them why, they say “I don’t know, I just don’t like her.” Many of these people are for gay rights. I can’t wait to ask them again. Hillary is awesome. Oh yeah! and to Rick Perry it is the separation of church and state that has made this country strong, you idiot.

  • Corebela

    Wow Dan Choi said that this is the worst administration ever for gay people you say. Damn if he really can’t recall any administration before this one (since I do believe all 43 were worse than this one is on gay rights) he must have some sort of degenerative illness. Or he is just a dumb ass hole!

    • i_a_c

      (since I do believe all 43 were worse than this one is on gay rights)

      This is trivially true to all but the Loony Left looking for the “He Sold Us Out” outrage du jour. Even the teabaggers understand that the Obama administration is the most pro-gay administration ever.

      • Corebela

        Funny enough the teabaggers would probably think that even if he wasn’t the most pro-gay. Considering the whole conspiring to take our guns by not taking our guns thing.

  • http://www.facebook.com/matthewmcd Matt McDaniel

    Can someone answer a question for me?

    What in the living fuck is Perry talking about?

    • JWheels

      The children! Oh won’t somebody please think of the children!

      Apparently our kids can’t celebrate Christmas openly…

      and secret Muslim Obama is waging a war on religion…

      it makes perfect sense to me…

      Gays have rights, and yet………sob………the poor little children aren’t allowed to violate the constitution (separation of church & state) by praying in school. Sob.

      Rick Perry is such a pathetic dick.

      And so is Dan Choi.

    • laddieluv

      What Nicole said.

      And Rick is a flaming “di.ck.”

      Literally attempting to compare “apples and a sailboat.”

      That’s how far apart being gay (and a human being with equal rights in this country) and also having more than one religion (including *gasp* atheist and agnostic) in this country which is NOT allowed to be taught in school. Unless one sends their little progeny to a private religious school.

      I’m just venting. For cathartic reasons. The above “sentence” is about as “run on” as I (a retired) English teacher ever gets. HA!

      And I probably repeated everything that Nicole already said so well. C’est la vie.

      Having a “bad” day today. *whine*

      To review: Rick is a “di.ck”!