Rick Perry Confronted by Gay Teen

This is an utterly fascinating video illustration of the right-wing hypocrisy on DADT:

So homosexuality is a “sin,” according to Perry. He also admitted that he himself is a sinner (presumably not the same sin — that we know of). But if sin is a valid cause for discharge from military service, shouldn’t Rick Perry have been discharged by the Air Force for his sins?

Of course not, because the military is trained to kill — a mortal sin without exception. And the military, as well as every branch of public service, is overflowing with sinners.

This is not about sin at all. Rick Perry is a bigot and a homophobe. That’s why his position is what it is.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    “Openly Gays”
    apparently a new, and legitimate, description of your fellow human beings

    LGBT-OG

  • No Name

    How much clearer does he have to be?
    “Homosexuality is a sin, and I am a sinner”.

    Boom.

  • Robert Scalzi

    “Dumb all over, yes we are, dumb all over, near and far, dumb all over, black ‘n white, people, we is not wrapped tight
    And nerds on the left, nerds on the right
    Religious fanatics on the air every night,
    sayin’ the bible tells the story and makes the details sound real gory
    about what to do if the geeks over there don’t believe in the book we got over here
    You can’t run a race without no feet
    And pretty soon there won’t be no street
    for dummies to jog on or doggies to dog on
    Religious fanatics can make it be all gone
    I mean it won’t blow up and disappear,
    it’ll just look ugly for a thousand years
    You can’t run a country by a book of religion
    Not by a heap or a lump or a smidgeon of foolish rules of ancient date,
    designed to make you all feel great
    while you fold, spindle and mutilate
    those unbelievers from a neighboring state”

    Frank Zappa – from teh song “Dumb All Over”

    it pretty much sums up the Chistianista (R) Party

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li7FZ6E8HOo

    I sometimes wonder if the entire slate of Republican candidates are all bigots and homophobes, or if they just play one on TV in order to appeal to the base.

    Then I realize it doesn’t matter and resolve to stop asking stupid questions.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    I can personally testify to the extraordinary amounts of sin that take place in the military. TDY stands for “temporary duty” or “temporarily divorce yourself.” Often, soldiers on a mission at another base for a few weeks will adopt “TDwives.” Remember, wife swapping was invented in the Air Force.

  • D_C_Wilson

    “This is about my faith”.

    Fuck you, Rick! Your faith doesn’t decide whose rights get protected. The Constitution does.