The First Trailer for The Hobbit

Oh hell yes!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Movies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/Jrosario1701 Justin Rosario

    Umm….Why is Thorin Oakenshield a Klingon? :)

    This looks great! Certainly much better than I expected….again. I am so happy when I am wrong about these kind of things.

  • Draxiar

    Bliss…pure, unbridled bliss at long last.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Very nice. Jackson has been able to maintain good visual continuity with the LOTR trilogy.

      Agreed, but the Hobbit always read a bit “lighter” than the trilogy yet it looks like Jackson is going with a darker tale–which is fine with me, it will lead into the trilogy all the better.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Well, there were dark elements in the Hobbit, such as the journey through Mirkwood, but you are right in that the overall tone is very different than LOTR. The Hobbit is much more of a YA story than LOTR.

        Given the realities of film making, however, I think it would have been jarring to audiences if Jackson had made shift in visuals.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Hearing the dwarves sing sent shivers up my spine.