'The Republican Party Has Gone Insane'

Erick Erickson is apoplectic:

The Republican Party has gone insane. For the better part of the last three years the Republican Party has exercised itself into a frenzy over the need to repeal Obamacare. For the two years leading up to November of 2010, mostly middle aged working white people took to the streets in sizes rivaling a NASCAR race to protest the socialization of the American health care system. The individual mandate and TARP draw the ire of scores of primary voters. And our two front runners for President? They both support an individual mandate and they both supported TARP.

And Ron Paul could actually win the Iowa caucus. The clown car gets clownier by the day.

  • freakishlystrong

    Why doesn’t Eric the Fat get off his doughy pantload and run himself then? Fearless Conservatives indeed.

  • JMAshby

    And today, they’re approving a tax-hike!

    Erick Erickson has no room to talk though. As a member of the rabid right wing noise machine, he helped craft this “insane” environment.

    This is good though. GOP voter enthusiasm is going to be record-low next year.

    • missliberties

      Approving a tax hike, and no fix to pay medicare doctors. Why? Because it would be good for the nation. But if the nation suffers it makes Obama look like a weak leader.

      I hate hate hate Tea Party Republicans. I really do loathe them. What’s worse is they have supporters, who I also loathe.

      Erick wants to primary all Republicans who voted to raise taxes on the middle class.

      This is a sad day for America, not a good day for America.

        As of today, that’s going to be a lot of primaries.

      “he helped craft this “insane” environment”

      Exactly, and the noisy extreme end of the party that he represents does not represent the GOP leadership that wants to win the Presidential Election nor the average GOP voters.

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    Maybe Iowa is so meaningless that Ron Paul taking the lead should not matter in national debate. But, hasn’t the last few lead changes in IA (I may be confusing the IA lead change with the national lead change or they happened coincidentally) lead the nation attention to the flaws/craziness of the new driver of the “clown car?” I find it interesting that the focus is still on the faults of Newt and not on the many of Ron Paul…and there are many. Could the lack of attention given to Paul, which to this point has made the Paulites irate, can help him by not pointing out his craziness. If he wins and the attention is not turned to actually showing how bad his policies, he can actually continue winning, and winning…to paraphrase Maher…remember anything can happen in this stupid country.

    • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

      The Iowa “establishment” is terrified of Paul winning because they know it will effectively kill Iowa’s importance in any future primary.

      • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

        Isn’t the Iowa caucus similar to baseball spring training…means absolutely nothing but over-hyped because it is the first whiff of “action” for the upcoming season?

  • Chachizel

    Never thought I’d agree with that douchebag Erickson, but honestly, his list coud’ve been a LOT longer if he really wanted to point out how insane these clown Republicans are.

      Erickson is also INSANE.

  • morningsky

    But I heard him exclaim ‘ere he drove out of sight, ” Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!”

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=722405400 Joan Chakonas

    Liberal commentary on insane republicans just doesn’t resonate. And insulting whiteys like me who took to the street and forgetting about the numbnuts down on Wall Street just misses the mark.

    • ranger11

      Huh?

      • JMAshby

        Seconded. Huh?

      huh? really? huh?

        I ran it through my Troll-English translator, and it came out:

        “Flrabblin marfis dommagut maglis. Eenka hoobwa omnig slarrlp.”

          sounds about right. :)

  • D_C_Wilson

    Eric Erickson saying the GOP is insane is like the Joker telling the Riddler, “You’re a little nuts”.