Those Darn Husbandless Women

Yes. This is real.

The Herman Cain campaigned launched “Women for Herman Cain” today where astroturfers female supporters can share how wonderful Herman Cain really is and why Mrs. Herman Cain should pay no attention to those “pathetic husbandless women” accusing him of harassment and affairs. Really.

The initiative, the site says, is chaired by his wife, Gloria Cain, who has been virtually 100% absent from the campaign trail so far and only recently gave her first interview — and that was after canceling previous ones first. […]

The real prize, however, is a section — which appears to be curated by the campaign — featuring female supporters’ personal testimonials, many of which are brutal attacks against the women who have accused Cain of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and infidelity.

“Dear Mrs. Cain, don’t pay attention to these pathetic husbandless women who are jealous of women like you in happy long-term marriages,” a supporter from California writes. “These vindictive women can’t find a husband or keep one. They are like stalkers who try to latch on to any man who shows a bit of kindness or attention to them. When these unstable women come out of the woodwork to make accusations about Herman just say, ‘Honey, get a life, I believe my husband.’ We want you to be our First Lady Mrs. Cain!”

This goes beyond “blame the victim” to shame the victim for having the audacity of claiming Herman Cain would even be interested in them in the first place.

At this point, the Cain campaign isn’t so much denying the accusations as they are basically saying “Yeah, but they’re bitches anyway!”

Ironically, the stock-photo of women giving the thumbs-up to Herman Cain has been removed from the website.

If even stock-women won’t support you, how can you expect real women to?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • CanadaGoose

    How many of those “husbandless” women would change places with Gloria Cain?
    Not many, I’d surmise.

    Another bullshit strike in the Republican War against Women.

  • willpen

    The best part is that when they took out the stock photo the word “for” must have been inadvertently removed as well. So now all you have is a big ass gap between the word “Women” in a fancy italicized font and then “Cain”. Not only is this totally pathetic, it is also painfully unprofessionally done. Sheeshhhh….

      It probably doesn’t matter since he’s making a ‘major announcement’ tomorrow, which the Punditry has decided is Cain ending his campaign. I wouldn’t doubt it — Cain was at a heavyweight fight in Las Vegas with Ginger White; that means there were lots of cameras and people saw them together. Perhaps someone has a photo of Sherman and Ginger smooching during the fight which would blow his whole ‘there was no sex, I was only helping her out’ baloney out of the water.

  • muselet

    The Herman Cain Performance Art Project was amusing for a while, but it’s clearly run out of ideas. Time to pull the plug.

    –alopecia

  • laddieluv

    Bottom feeders.

    Still, these women make my physically ill.

    Defending a misogynist. An adulterer. A sexual harrasser.

    His wife is from the “stepford” zip code.

    blech.

  • TimEldred

    I suspect Herman likes the “Women for Cain” concept in a way the group didn’t originally intend.