We Can All Turn Around

I’ve been laughing at this for the last half hour.

Daily Show correspondent Aasif Mandvi interrupted a press conference by Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) to ask him to prove to the state taxpayers that he’s not on drugs by peeing in a cup.

“You benefit from hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars every year, so would you be willing to pee into this cup to prove to Florida taxpayers that you’re not on drugs, that you’re not using that money for drugs?” Mandvi asked.

Scott replied that he’s “done it plenty of times.”

Mandvi then tried to pass a cup forward: “Would you pass this forward to the governor? We can all turn around, it’s fine.”

Brilliant.

Rick Scott’s failed drug-testing-for-welfare program, which was recently ruled unconstitutional, ended up costing the state money because only 2 percent of those tested returned positive results. And for some reason, other states are looking at Scott’s failed, unconstitutional program with envy and considering adopting similar plans.

(via Bob)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Rick Scott and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

    So yeah, we can drug test poor folks in order for them to be able to FEED their kids, but we don’t properly vet rich guys who are “working” with children every day? What the fuck is WRONG with us?