Worst Person in the World

The Scotland Neck, South Carolina police officer responsible for this awfulness.

A police officer killed an elderly, deaf and mentally disabled man riding his bicycle by shooting him with a Taser stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to stop.

Roger Anthony, 61, was killed as he made his way home in Scotland Neck, South Carolina, after officers responded to a 911 call about a man who had fallen off his bicycle in a car park.

Let that be a lesson to you, 61-year-old deaf and mentally disabled bike riders! Hell, even if this guy wasn’t deaf and disabled, why the hell would a Taser ever enter into the situation. He’s a frail old man on a bike! He’s not a 24-year-old berzerker firing an AK-47 while riding in a tank.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Corebela

    That is awful maybe this be a lesson to cops to not be so quick to use such harsh measures. I would say I’d like to know why he would tase him but I’m sure it’s annoying bullshit anyway

    The cop should be charged with murder.

    Inexcusable and disgusting.

    • muselet

      I am not a lawyer, but I’m not sure this rises to the level of murder. Voluntary manslaughter, probably. My bet is the local DA would decline to prosecute anyway because “The police have a tough job and we can’t be second-guessing them every time a tragedy like this occurs.”

        i’m sure you’re right, alopecia.

        unfortunately.

  • muselet

    This is what happens when you put stupid, lazy, authoritarian arseholes in uniforms and give them lots of ouchy toys to play with.

    –alopecia

    • hanadora444

      Exactly. And if you give kids toys, they’re going to want to play with them.

  • holyreality

    OBEY!

    Death is the penalty for disobeying the cops. At least that is the way it should be in their pointy little heads.

    You can take any level headed, reasonable person, give them a raydeeeoh and a badge, presto, instant fascist.

      Like the Stanford Experiment — often even mild-mannered people become goons when given the authority to harm others. Power is frightening thing, especially the kind of power the average police officer has.

      • desertflower1

        I saw that experiment done…some show I watched, and was MORTIFIED! That was terrifying to watch, and even MORE terrifying to think that that’s the way people respond when they are told to harm another.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Steve-Irving/700264123 Steve Irving

    This has become a HUGE problem, since our police have become so militarized after 9/11. On the other hand, I’m somewhat offended by a 61 year old being referred to as “frail” and “elderly”……Mainly because I’m 59 and am still nearly as fit and robust as ever. My dad’s 82 and certainly not “frail and elderly”….he’s out playing 18 holes of golf 3 days a week, he’s in the gym on his off days….

    On the other hand….my hearing isn’t good, and I’ve been told I’m crazy most of my life so…