Cory Booker Smash

Newark Mayor Cory Booker responds to Governor Chris Christie’s earlier comments calling for a referendum on same-sex marriage.

I really hope this man runs for president some day.

If the Civil Rights Act had been put up for public referendum, it never would have happened contrary to what Chris Christie, and Ron Paul, may tell you.

Furthermore, we have a recent example of what happens when public prejudice is voted on with California’s proposition 8.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    *applauds*

    –alopecia

  • Dirk2112

    Mostly, I hope this means he’s decided to run for Governor of New Jersey in 2013. It does seem to indicate he’s leaning in a statehouse direction, but given the record of strong democrats deciding to sit out state wide races of late (Terry Goddard in Arizona, Russ Feingold in Wisconsin) I’m managing my hope’s expectations.

  • willpen

    Man I love this guy and as a resident of NJ I would love for him to oust that big fat ass that sits in the Governor’s mansion right now.

  • eljefejeff

    agreed, let’s start at governor. He’s gotta be considered the frontrunner for the dem nomination. A couple years ago we were talking about Alan Grayson as a potential president. I think that ship has sailed. It’s kinda sad, when Obama gave his 04 convention speech I know a lot of us were talking about him running for pres one day. There’s no one right now who is an obvious choice in 2016. People talk Elizabeth Warren and I really like her but so far I haven’t seen a charisma that would appeal across a wide spectrum and she’d be labeled as way too liberal.

  • caribbeanobserver

    He is special,isn’t he? Governor would be just right for him.