Fixed News’ Fixed Audience

A new survey from Public Policy Polling (PPP) confirms what we all know to be true which is that Fox News is the Republican news channel, however the numbers also show that no other news channel even comes close matching the level of trust Republican viewers have of Fox News.

A new PPP poll confirms what many have long suspected — that many Americans get their news from sources that hew to their pre-existing beliefs.

But this phenomenon was not balanced on both sides of the ideological spectrum. While Democrats trust most news outlets, to varying degrees, Republicans trust only a single one — Fox News. While a massive 73 percent of Republicans trust Fox, the next highest rating among any major TV news outlet is PBS, which just 30 percent of GOPers trust, according to the PPP poll.

Fair and balanced.

It’s amusing to me that PBS comes in second place with Republican viewers rather than CNN because CNN has gone to such great lengths to cater to the Fox News crowd, embarrassing themselves along the way, by hiring the worst of the worst as regular contributors. The PPP numbers suggest they aren’t actually gaining anything for that other than possibly escaping accusations of “liberal bias.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    They aren’t escaping anything. CNN will be the “Communist News Network” for that demo until they die.

    • driveswift

      I thought it was the Clinton News Network to dittoheads… my bad.

      • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

        They had to call it *something* when he left office.

          Actually I have heard it called the CIA news network….by a paranoid libertarian.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Which makes me wonder why CNN tries so hard to curry favor with the Foxtards. Since they’re going to be derided as the Communist News Network no matter what they do, why bother shooting for that demo?

      Jeebus forbid they actually try to be “fair and balanced”.

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    It is funny how it is the most trusted, among the group, even when other polls show that they are the most misinformed. now I know where “truthiness” comes from!

  • ArrogantDemon

    How much money did CNN spend to just fail?

    All that felating of the tea party isnt giving dividends like they wanted

  • Robert Scalzi

    So not only are they idiot Ideologues, the Network they trust the most is actually rotting their brains http://www.alternet.org/story/149193/study_confirms_that_fox_news_makes_you_stupid
    Perfect…..

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m surprised PBS got a rating as high as 30% given how hard the right works to paint it and NPR as bastions of communism.