Jackass Quote of the Day

“The irony is [Obama] is campaigning on the basis that he is a success as a foreign policy president. This is amazing. Navy Seal Team Six killed Osama bin Laden That is his definition of success. In 1969, when Americans landed on the moon, it is like Richard Nixon taking credit for that. It happened to occur during his presidency.” -John Bolton speaking on behalf of Mitt Romney

Except President Obama ordered the operation to find him and ordered the operation to capture or kill him, and it never would have happened without his orders.

Furthermore, the consequences had the operation gone badly would have been devastating to his presidency. It took a lot of courage to give the order.

Did he personally storm the castle? No. Did George Bush personally fly a sortie over Iraq before landing in a flight-suit to declare Mission Accomplished? No, at least not the first part.

There are few douches in the world bigger than John Bolton.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Carlos Martinez

    I guess he doesn’t understand the role of “Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.” What a dick.

  • sherifffruitfly

    I’m guessing anything BAD that happens while Obama is President will be his fault though!

    In American christianity, god plays the functional role of That Being That Receives All The Credit And None Of The Blame. To the right and the professional left, Obama functions as precisely the opposite – the devil, who gets all of the blame and none of the credit.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    The irony of this is that we’re going to keep hearing, from all quarters but especially from the GOP, that “Obama can’t run on his record, so he’s just attacking [insert victim/target here].” But the fact is that he can run on his record and probably will. It’s staggering that, three years in, no one knows what this president has accomplished, and because they don’t know, they assume he’s accomplished nothing.

    Increasingly, in the information age, people only “know” what they’re told. We don’t even look at the world anymore; we watch the TV and read the blogs. When I go to Roosevelt Field on a weekend, and can’t find a parking space, I think, Where is this crappy economy I keep hearing about?

    The more I read and listen and watch nowadays, the more I see that the non-Fox, non-GOP-talking-point-based media is finally catching on to what I’ve been saying for two and half years: That Republican politicians, officeholders, candidates, and media surrogates are talking about a fictional character, fictional events, fictional social and economic conditions, a whole fictional universe constructed around this President for the dual purpose of (1) erasing the collective memory of everything that happened between 20 January 2001 and 19 January 2009, and (2) getting a Republican into the White House on 20 January 2013.

    I don’t know which is more troubling: That so many Americans are living in a world where everything they “know” is fiction, or what the consequences will be if and when they finally realize it. That everything the GOP fan base, the Tea Party™, et al. have been complaining about for three years will be no different and no better in Year 3 of the Romney administration, or that they won’t realize it, won’t care, and won’t do or say anything about it.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Don’t worry. The instant a republican is sworn in, the media narrative will change and we’ll all be bombarded with stories about how much better that economy is doing and how successful our foreign policy is working.

      Oh, and every single teabagger will suddenly forget how outraged they were over the deficit.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Oh, I agree entirely. The Heritage Foundation is already writing the scripts for the first four months of 2013, which they’ll be faxing over to Fox on inauguration day.

          Agreed on the HF, but they won’t have the opportunity to fax them over on election day since their toady will have lost the election. :)

          • vgranucci

            They probably have 2 sets of scripts.

    • JMAshby

      The republicans have convinced themselves President Obama is a terrible politician. Obviously that couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s the best politician we’ve seen in decades.

      • mrbrink

        And that’s why he makes them look and sound so utterly detached. Because he’s that fucking good. For every false narrative there is the president navigating the politics of policy in a way we’ve never seen.

        I hope the Democratic party is taking notes.

        President Obama is a damn near perfect presidential mold.

          Damn few times we’ve seen that kind of intelligence in the White House before. Maybe not at all.

          He and FL Michelle Obama are absolutely a force to be reckoned with.

          Adding……no matter what else happens, I feel fairly certain that history will be on his side, and many of their (cons) icons will fall far below Pres Obama in the pres ratings.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Sorry for the duplicate post.

  • D_C_Wilson

    If Bolton were choking on a piece of steak and Obama saved him using the Heimlich maneuver, Bolton would insist that Obama not only deserved no credit for it, he probably claim that he wouldn’t have been choking in the first place is Obama hadn’t been engaging in class warfare.

      I’d love the opportunity to deny him assistance were he choking on that piece of proverbial steak. Bolton is a thug.

    I think this is why so many Republicans used to fantasize about Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming president.

  • Chocko_Rocko

    I wouldn’t worry too much about Bolton. He won’t convince the fence-sitters – just preaching to his little choir on the fringe. H8trs gonna H8. Go Obama 2012!

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I hate it when that happens…

  • JackDaniel07

    lol, moustache

  • muselet

    You think the Mustache of Doom cares about your reality and petty facts, silly liberal? Hah!

    John Bolton is doing exactly what’s expected of a half-wit political hack like him: reinforcing the old “Democrats are weak on defense” trope. If a Democrat is president, there is no chain of command: the military acts on its own and deserves all credit (unless said action turns into a Charlie Foxtrot, in which case it’s the president’s fault). Contrariwise, if a Republican is president, he personally directs any military action and is a war hero (unless said action turns into a Charlie Foxtrot, in which case it’s the fault of the nearest Democrat).

    There are few douches in the world bigger than John Bolton.

    Truer words were seldom typed.

    –alopecia

  • rgbyref

    Oh, come on. There are NO douches in the world bigger than John Bolton.

  • http://twitter.com/Osagesage Bad Monkey

    Seal Team Six, the Marines, the Navy, the Army, Ordering Military action, decisive leadership, Kenetic action, Commander in Chief, Leader of the free World, the American Flag, The Red White and Blue, the White house, the United States of American, the Star Spangled Banner, Killing Terrorists, Stopping Terrorists, Kicking Ass, All American, Jesus Christ, Mother and Apple Pie are all Registered Trademarks the the Republican National Committee, Any use without the Express written permission by the RNC or any of its affiliates is a violation of GOP statutes and will result in denouncement, willful ignorance, and general whining and crying foul.

  • lb158

    As far as our landing on the moon in 1969, Jack Kennedy wasn’t around to take the credit and praise, so Nixon jumped in.

  • mrspeel2

    There are few douches in the world bigger than John Bolton. Boy, have you got that RIGHT! It’s no wonder W had to appoint him as our UN Ambassador while Congress was on break!

    Did I read last week that if Newt gets elected, he wants Bolton in his Cabinet? Heaven help us!!

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    John Bolton’s mustache-of-doom has about as much credibility as Cheney’s grimace. Why are these people taken seriously?

  • MarshallLucky

    This is hilarious. John Bolton, the poster child for turgid neoconservatism, coming down on Obama for what? Not killing Osama bin Laden hard enough? Not personally pumping a clip into his brain while the Star Spangled Banner blares in the background?

    The cognitive dissonance among the neoconservative set over Obama is unbelievable. He’s a far more effective technocrat than Bush and has turned many of their foreign policy wet dreams into reality, but it’s election season and these pathetic hacks have to find some way to smear him. John Bolton is and has always been an incredible jackass, but this ridiculous bit of theater is low even for him.

    Take exactly what Obama did and substitute his name for George W. Bush and Bolton would be singing his praises. Even the twisted principles of these armchair hawks must bow before partisan necessity it seems.

    • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

      I’m glad you brought up the technocrat issue. Americans forget being president is not all about policy and legislation. Presidents run the country and in almost every way the president has run the country much more effectively than Bush even though the GOP has blocked so many of his appointments. Of course Republicans don’t want to run the country well because that fits their government is bad paradigm so well. How on earth anyone would vote for people that purposely want to run government badly is beyond me. When you think about it, that’s the biggest misuse of tax dollars you can possibly have.

  • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

    Boulton is the biggest neocon left. He hate’s multinational cooperation on every level.

    Not only did the president do what you said Mr. Cesca. The president refocused on OBL when all the Repugs told us he was unimportant because instead of getting him they started an unnecessary war.