Keep Going Republicans!

Newt Gingrich’s deployment of the Southern Strategy to win the hearts and minds of South Carolina’s finest seems to be working, with polls unanimously showing Gingrich with a commanding lead over Mitt Romney one day away from the primary, however it isn’t doing the Republican party any favors at the national level.

(via TPM)

While Newt’s popularity skyrockets and Mitt Romney’s stock plummets among the Lunatic Base in the wake of calling on black people to demand paychecks instead of food stamps, and putting Juan Williams “in his place,” his national disapproval rating has surged to nearly 60 percent.

Newt Gingrich could very well win the South Carolina primary tomorrow and continue on to challenge the more “safe” and “electable” Mitt Romney in other southern states. This has sent the entire Republican party into a frenzy while the Anyone-But-Romney Coalition clashes with the Republican establishment. Because every day Gingrich remains in the race and is seen as a national figurehead, he tarnishes the Republican brand.

Or as we say around here — Keep going Republicans! You’re doing great!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/cogrannie cogrannie

    My 86 yr old Republican dad in the South told me this summer that he wanted Gingrich to be the nominee and Palin to run as his VP and I thought: his dementia is worse. He may get his wish–and I may get mine of a second term for Obama.

    • muselet

      Gingrich/Palin 2012

      Never happen, but it’s fun to imagine, isn’t it?

        Nickey Haley (Too lazy to check spelling atm); that’s my prediction

  • http://twitter.com/DrLearnALot DrLearnALot

    Oh Newt, we hardly Newt ye! This is going to be deliciously, ridiculously amusing.

  • James Laing

    Poor Juan Williams- no one likes him. not even his new Fox News friends.

  • ranger11

    I just want this thing to last at least until March or April. A Gingrich win tomorrow might help that along.

    It just keeps getting better and better!

    • Scopedog

      It sure is.

      On the other hand, though, you gotta feel for the GOP higher-ups who are bashing their heads against the wall wondering WTF happened….

      …..but who gives a shit? They brought it upon themselves!