Moment of Derp

On Monday of this week, Rick Santorum inexplicably singled out African Americans when discussing welfare reform when he said ”I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them other people’s money.”

Throughout the week the Santorum campaign has faced questions concerning his choice of words so, to put the matter to rest, Santorum explained himself during an interview with Bill O’Reilly last night.

“I looked at that and I didn’t say that,” the candidate asserted. “What I started to say was a word and then it sort of changed and ‘bluh’ came out. And people said I said ‘black’ and I didn’t.”

Bluh.

Of course Bill O’Reilly simply nodded and said “I’m going to take you on your word” whereas most people would probably begin laughing so hard a cut to commercial would be required. I know I did.

Santorum’s “explanation” simply gave people yet another reason to Google his name.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1246624710 Patrick Malone

    You wouldn’t understand, Ashby. It’s a Blah thing.

  • muselet

    Santorum’s “explanation” simply gave people yet another reason to Google his name.

    Fifty or sixty times, and click on the spreadingsantorum.com link every time (not that I would ever suggest anyone do such a thing, of course).

    Blah equals Blacks, Latinos, Asians, and Homosexuals.