Pat Buchanan Might Be Evicted from NBC Cryo-Chamber

Pat Buchanan might be soon evicted from his posh green-room cryogenic chamber he’s leasing from MSNBC, and it can’t come soon enough.

MSNBC’s top executive said Saturday that he hasn’t decided whether conservative commentator and author Pat Buchanan will be allowed back on the network.

Buchanan, a former GOP presidential candidate and a paid MSNBC contributor, hasn’t been on the network since the publication of his book “Suicide of a Superpower” last October. The book has chapters titled “The End of White America” and “The Death of Christian America” and its author argues that the United States is in the “Indian summer of our civilization.”

“When Pat was on his book tour, because of the content of the book, I didn’t think it should be part of the national dialogue much less part of the dialogue on MSNBC,” said MSNBC President Phil Griffin. The minority advocacy group Color of Change has circulated a petition urging MSNBC to fire Buchanan.

Of course Buchanan has been saying racist things for quite some time now. I suppose this is the last straw. But good gravy, he should have been fired for this column alone.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Pat Buchanan shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.

    He’s has had nothing new, interesting or insightful to say for years. He got his MSNBC gig solely because he can be counted on to say incendiary things; it would have been better for all (except perhaps Buchanan) to book him as a guest whenever he crapped out another book and pay him AFTRA minimum than to have him on the payroll.

    Phil Griffin needs a dope-slap.

    –alopecia