Romney Looks Good in Florida

With 24 hours to go, Romney is up by 11 points in Florida, while Gingrich continues to lead nationally.

While I’d like to see Gingrich win in Florida and advance one step closer to being Goldwater, I’m satisfied seeing this drag out and get uglier while the president systematically rolls out his re-election message.

All of this makes November look better and better.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Election 2012 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Newt Gingrich has declared he’s running until the convention. Rick Santorum says he’s in it for the long haul. Ron Paul isn’t going anywhere. All three of them are taking potshots at Mitt Romney, with varying degrees of effectiveness.

    The more Gingrich’s popularity wanes, the nastier he’s likely to get. As Kevin Drum said a couple of weeks ago (I’ve quoted the second bit before):

    … Newt Gingrich is famous for his willingness to toss all the usual rules overboard and light the world on fire if that’s what he thinks it takes for him to win …

    []

    In other words, Newt Gingrich is now doing exactly what everyone in the Republican Party was afraid he was going to do: destroy them utterly if they decline to nominate him. It’s no surprise really, since this has been Newt’s MO for decades, but it sure is a helluva spectacle.

    Sounds about right to me.

      Can you imagine the level of self-delusion and narcissism, this kind of party sabotage involves? I mean, all politicians are narcissists to some extent but this really takes the cake. Part of me thinks that he is just trying to hold out until the end so that the check the GOP establishment writes to him to make him go away is all that much bigger.