Ron Paul on the 1%

Following up on the post I wrote earlier about Ron Paul, it’s worth noting that Paul is exactly in line with all of the other Republican candidates when it comes to the 1%. From ThinkProgress:

-Supports new tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

-Supports new tax cuts for corporations.

-Supports ending Medicare as we know it.

-Supports cuts to Social Security.

-Supports the repeal of Dodd-Frank.

-Opposes the Buffett rule.

-Opposes ending tax breaks for Big Oil.

-Opposes ending tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas.

    Paul also supports ending income taxes all together and replacing it with a flat tax, which as we all know, would hurt those with low-income more than those at the top.

  • ryo80

    This is what I’m talking about. I’ve been arguing with a lot of folks in my demographic (25-35) about issues past the usual “legalize weed” and “end the wars” rhetoric. Most people drinking the Kool-Aid either change the subject, or ignore it entirely.

    The more I look at Paul’s record and listen to the message, his appeal to anyone other than Libertarians and fringe Republicans become more cosmetic.

  • Draxiar

    I wonder if Ron Paul, being a self proclaimed Constitutionalist and an advocate of less-is-more government would give the okay for the Virginia GOP to try to do this:

    http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/01/03/396323/virginia-gop-will-require-primary-voters-to-sign-party-loyalty-oath/

      He doesn’t care what the states do. He doesn’t believe that it is up to the Federal government to determine what a state can and can not do.

      A Ron Paul presidency would mean the end of our country as we know it. Slash 200+ years of progress.

  • drsquid

    Thought experiment that liberturds just lurve…

    Icy sidewalks in the morning. One side of the street borders a public university, the other borders Greek housing, rental housing, and churches. Which side of the street do you walk on?

    If you’re sane, you walk on the university side, because they cleared their sidewalk.

    If you’re a Paultroon, you walk on the churchy side and bitch about government spending to clear the commie sidewalks on the other side.

    Then you find a woman to curbstomp, and Geegee will defend you because it promotes “debate”.