The Dumbest Thing from the Dumbest Debate

This from Rick Perry:

“I would send troops back into Iraq,” he said. “I think we start talking with the Iraqi individuals there. The idea that we allow the Iranians to come back into Iraq and take over that country, with all of the treasure, both in blood and money, that we have spent in Iraq — because this president wants to kowtow to his liberal leftist base, and move out those men and women. He could have renegotiated that time frame. I think it is a huge error for us.”

And there you have it. The death rattle of the Perry campaign. So long, Governor Yickadoo!

  • Not Sayin

    Yeah- he won’t become your president, but I can’t seem to manage to keep him out of my governor’s office.

    • desertflower1

      You may be able to NEXT time:) He’s made such an impression….and I don’t mean that in a GOOD way!

  • sherifffruitfly

    I didn’t see the debate.

    I was gonna say, to your blog post title, “how the hell can you split hairs so finely, to crown just ONE statement?”.

    But now I have read the proposed winner, and totally get you.

  • JMAshby

    ..but… but… Iran is going to take over Iraq at literally the speed of light! Literally!

    Even the Neo-Cons probably cringed when he said that, because they have their eye on Iran now. Iraq is damaged goods to them.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I can see the wheels turning, though.

      “We have to invade Iran to prevent them from taking over Iraq!”

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_DJ3YMEZHRNUCSD22KGG6ABH6DI cminri

    Perry is nothing but a better looking double-ya.

    • muselet

      A commenter at Talking Points Memo (I think) said Rick Perry was George W. Bush minus 40 IQ points.

      –alopecia

  • desertflower1

    As I watched him say that last night…I knew that he’d be back in Texas shootin’ his guns in no time! My thought, he should have taken more time in Texas to “assess” his campaign. Opps!

  • http://twitter.com/E_Joyce E_Joyce

    Well Romney’s “Only the rich should run for office” was a close second.