The Least Shocking News of the Day

The least shocking news of the day is that Ron Paul was both fully aware of the contents of the Ron Paul Survival Report, his racist newsletter, and that he personally reviewed each issue.

But people close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

“It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,” said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman. […]

“A person involved in Paul’s businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative,” the paper reports. “They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.”

Oh, but, he’s against drones!

These latest revelations do not conclusively demonstrate that Paul is a racist scumbag, who just happens to apologize for the South while speaking in front of Confederate flags, but they do show he knew full-well what was contained in the newsletters.

It’s unfortunate some fellow liberals wasted their time pretending Ron Paul was a secret-progressive hero.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/fleetadmiralj Josh Chambers

    No, see, you don’t understand Paulites.

    The new line will be that he isn’t really racist, he just said things that might have sounded racist to someone maybe at sometime to sell his newsletters. See, all explained away again.

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    So, I say he is racist. If I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, then I can say he does not believe he is racist but then has no idea what racist is…either way he is still a racist. One can not enable racism like that and can’t be racist. I can see a mistake, if it happened once. But it seemed too much like a pattern.

  • holyreality

    OK, I accept that Ron is not a progressive hero.

    It is sad to see his skeletons exposed, but dead bodies must be exhumed and put on display, he is running for POTUS after all.

    His lonely voice will be missed when he decries empire, and the drug “war”, but his past is prologue.

    So the fact that he used racist stories to make more money is any better than him actually believing that tripe? Either way he’s a racist and using it to earn money is even slimier.

    “It’s unfortunate some fellow liberals wasted their time pretending Ron Paul was a secret-progressive hero.”

    It’s not just liberals proclaiming, I’ve had Paulites talk to me about how much “common ground” we have and claiming that they are “classical liberals”, a term I didn’t know. So I looked it up and it means Libertarians. I think they are purposely wooing liberals online by telling them a bunch of BS like this. Has anyone else seen this?

  • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

    It’s sad when you still see people like Andrew Sullivan defending his racism. I don’t understand why people even give him the benefit of the doubt especially since he continues to lie that he read the letters.

  • muselet

    Is anyone else reminded of the opening of an episode of The Simpsons?

    –alopecia

  • caribbeanobserver

    If it sounds like a racist,writes like a racist, edits like a racist..by gum, it is a racist!!! No free pass or twisted logic here. He is what he is…a flippin’ racist, conditioned from birth!

  • villemar

    I wonder how that Emoprog/Stormfront alliance is working out?