Doof Quote of the Day

“Let me start from a simple premise that Oklahomans will understand: you cannot put a gun rack in a Volt” -Newt Gingrich at Oral Roberts Universty

Yeehaw!

Does this mean it’s okay for Newt to imply his would-be constituents are clinging to their guns and religion?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_S7NUGMJ2FDHYATRLWFEFCC5CQI schemata

    As as Oklahoman, this offends me. Newt thinks I’m as dumb as he is. I know gun racks go in trucks. You carry handguns in small cars. ;)

    Newt would be discouraged driving around my town. Numerous Priuses, Volts, Ford Flexs, and propane powered vehicles on the roads.

    Saving $$ in gas is no small thing here.

    • Bob McIntosh

      IF you wanted to, you could put in a gun rack (even if a rear window mount wouldn’t work, you could use a sling mount behind the front seats).

  • Joseph Markowitz

    I’m not sure there is any sort of sedan that would be ideal for a gun rack. You really need a pickup truck for that. So if Newt weren’t just trying to score a cheap point, he would have to admit he is insulting everyone who owns almost any kind of car.

      In Newtie’s Tiffany world, ‘real men’ are chauffeured in limousines. Without gun racks.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Just the fact that we have presidential candidates giving speeches at the Oral Roberts Diploma Mill should disturb us all.

    Let me start with a simple premise that even an ego-maniacal, overstuffed, ratbag, racist, cheating, unethical, lying, adulterous piece of shit like Newt can understand: No one likes Newt Gingrich.

    I mean really, Newtie. You’re being stomped like a red-headed stepchild by a Mormon billionaire who has to convince Christians he’s not a member of a sick and twisted cult, a member of a sick and twisted cult who wants to govern based on his cult’s magic book, and a doddering old crank who wants to govern based on a work of fiction written by an atheist. Try, if you can – use that big Newtie brain – to imagine how much they must fucking HATE you. And yet, you still find the time to come off as condescending.

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

      “No one likes Newt Gingrich.”

      Let me fix this for you:
      Only southern confederates like Newt Gingrich.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    Flip down the rear seats and a hatchback like a Volt can hold a shitload of guns, way more than what would fit behind the seat of a regular cab pick up.