Farewell and Bite Me, Pat Buchanan

This might be the best decision MSNBC has made since hiring Rachel Maddow and Melissa Harris-Perry.

MSNBC dropped conservative commentator Pat Buchanan on Thursday, four months after suspending him following the publication of his latest book. The book “Suicide of a Superpower” contained chapters titled “The End of White America” and “The Death of Christian America.” Critics called the book racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic, charges Buchanan denied.

Who will be the first to snatch him up? CNN or Fox News? I predict CNN. Fox News people will likely think he’s a double agent — and now they can say “some folks are saying” because I just said it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Best news I’ve seen all morning. I’m just surprised they didn’t give him the heave-ho when he published that book several years ago in which he proposed the screwy theory that the Allies should have let Hitler run wild in Europe and then defeat the USSR for us. Pat, being Pat, neglected to mention the millions who would have died in death camps or as the result of slave labor. ‘Buch’ might even be too ‘hot’ for CNN; the Fox Business Channel is where old nutcase warhorses like Pat go to die.

  • http://ninure.tk Ninure

    Sadlt, I think Pat will make more money working for FOX.

  • Not Sayin

    Gawd. Pat Buchanan? Does anyone still pay any attention to him, except old folks who are already circlin’ the drain?

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    And of course, Buchanan blames this on ‘blacklisters’. It’s not easy being the victim in this sort of thing.

  • Madam1

    Great news. Please MSNBC, let Mark Halperin be next.

  • holyreality

    Ahh, the old some folks are saying smear :P

    I believe this is the easiest way to besmirch someone’s good name without liability in a libel suit.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Crazy Uncle Pat has been walking that knife’s edge between spouting off racist, homophobic, and anti-semitic nonsense on the one side and then indignantly denying that he was racist, homophobic, and anti-semitic.

    I’m going to predict his next stop will be Fox. He’s already done CNN back in the 1980s. At Fox, he and Bolling could probably become carpool buddies.

  • caribbeanobserver

    Andrew Sullivan’s article on this is puzzling,even for Andrew!!