Happy Birthday, Stimulus

Friday marked the three-year anniversary of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act — the stimulus. Here’s Michael Linden, director for tax and budget policy at the Center for American Progress, to answer the question, “Did the stimulus work?” [Hint: Yes!]

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    good analysis, but they didn’t address the cost, which is what republicans counter with. And it’s a fair point. Did the stimulus pay for itself? I have a friend who’s an economist at the Center for American Progress and he explained to me that yes in most measures, it DID pay for itself, and then some. It was all wonky and over my head though. We need to dumb it down so voters like me can fit it on a bumper sticker.