Incoherence in Maine

An update on the Maine Republican caucus which the Ron Paul campaign is challenging the results of. It turns out the problem is more widespread than simply one county not having their votes counted because their vote was delayed.

Pressure is on the Maine Republican Party to reconsider its weekend declaration that Mitt Romney won the state’s caucuses,” the Bangor Daily News reports.

“A number of communities were not included in that poll because they had not held their caucuses in time. Washington County Republicans postponed their caucuses, originally scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11, because of a pending snowstorm and will now meet this Saturday. Other communities across the state also have caucuses scheduled for this weekend and later this month.

“However, a review of the town-by-town results released Saturday by the Maine GOP suggests that some communities that had caucused prior to Feb. 11 were not counted.”

To recap — caucuses in some locations were delayed by bad weather and their votes will not be counted, some communities in other parts of the state aren’t voting until later this month and their votes probably won’t be counted, and some locations that actually voted early weren’t counted either.

Even if all locations end up being counted, it’s possible Ron Paul will remain in second place, but this is still a laughable situation worthy of lampooning. And it makes me wonder if the GOP has done such a comprehensive job of driving all people of significant intelligence from the party they can no longer run a caucus without pictorial instructions.

I’m still waiting for the voter ID law that will magically fix all of this.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/jlaing3 James Laing

    well, it does show why the GOP are so suspicious of election results…it seems they have a real problem with the counting thing

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    Wow. This combined with the Iowa caucus debacle just shows how unorganized the GOP is. Think about it. Have these kinds of problems ever crept up in a Democratic Caucus during the primaries? I don’t recall this kind of ridiculousness happening.

    • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

      Yeah it’s like Romney calling one office in NH a grassroots organization when Obama will have well over a dozen.

  • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

    Is GOP incompetence finally rearing it’s ugly head within it’s own party activities?

      Finally? Uh…since Nixon. But perhaps you’re immortal and thus have a different temporal perspective that I.

    The more I read about the Maine caucus the more it stinks. I still think Romney probably won but now I’m not so sure. With all the shenanigans the state GOP pulled he certainly didn’t win fair and square. Mitt would have been better off with all the votes counted, even if he lost, than with this victory* round his neck.

  • Draxiar

    And the GOP constantly rails against voter fraud. Ironic, yes?

  • mikecz
  • mikecz

    And…

    To be clear, this isn’t disorganization, this is purposeful election fraud. 8 precincts in Iowa as well were just thrown out, and in one, it was decided between Romney and Santorum camps to disregard all the votes, and make up their own…Seriously…

    Karl Rove even says it… (40 seconds) ahh-deee bahh-deee bahh-deee bah-deee

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD09uVFQs9M

    Its sort of disgusting isn’t it?