Liberal Hogwash

Artist – Kirk Walters

In other news, New Hampshire Republicans proposed a bill today to eliminate required lunch breaks. Really.

“This is an unneeded law,” [Republican state Representative Kyle Jones] said. “If I was to deny one of my employees a break, I would be in a very bad position with the company’s human resources representative. If you consider that this is a very easy law to follow in that everyone already does it, then why do we need it? Our constituents have already proven that they have enough common sense to do this on their own.”

I can’t even read that with a straight face.

  • MrDHalen

    That doesn’t even deserve a “Really?” In fact, I’m a little bit dumber after reading that.

  • http://twitter.com/elisabeth1518 Elisabeth

    Oy.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_6LDTUEFVDMHNLGVISLAZWFYLZQ superlipz92

    *facepalm*

  • http://twitter.com/socooked Sandy

    Typical idiot republican.

  • D_C_Wilson

    What is it with New Hampshire? Did they just elect a collection of the biggest tea-soaked meatheads they could find last year?

    • muselet

      At first, I read that as “tea-soaked methheads.” Then I realized my mistake.

      Meth-heads are more logical than this.

      –alopecia

  • Miranda

    *blank stare*

  • villemar

    On another subject, Glenn Greenwald, in his latest bilious screed, has taken his jihad to “Repulsive” progressives who do not solely and exclusively hate Obama with the white-hot passion of elevendy kajillion suns. He’s approaching pure Robespierre now, and hilarity ensues.

      Yeah, saw that POS. He’s really got his hate on now that he fears he’s not having much of an influence.

      I swear Villemar, I hate that guy. And he is probably the only Lib that I can say that about.

    • i_a_c

      I’d love to hear Greenwald’s alternative to drones. I ain’t the biggest fan of them myself, but again, what are the alternatives? Air strikes? Full scale invasion? Saying to Yemen, “pretty please, arrest these terrorists?” Sorry, but if we’re going to be fighting al Qaeda, which I think is appropriate, drones are probably the least bad out of a bunch of bad options. I’ll take them over risking American soldiers’ lives. If someone has a real alternative to drones, I’d like to hear it.

        i_a_c, I agree….Matt Osborne has a very good post about the efficacy of drones versus air raids….did you see it? if not http://www.osborneink.com/2012/02/most-precise-bombing-campaign-ever.html

        • i_a_c

          Wow that’s a great post. Thanks. I was under the impression that drones caused less collateral damage, and it looks like that was correct.

  • mrbrink

    Saw a disoriented Mitt Romney on a tarmac looking like he was on the losing end of an all night truck-stop salad-tossing marathon trying to get that bitter second-hand Frothy out of his mouth, and with the full force of stupid, he attacked Rick Santorum for voting to raise the debt ceiling, of all things. As if voting against paying our bills and purposefully crashing our economy is prudent leadership.

    Anyone who ever said Mitt Romney should be president should be barred from having a public opinion on anything ever, and court-ordered into the Ludovico Technique Treatment Center for the Sanity Impaired.

      “bitter second-hand Frothy out of his mouth”

      Funny, but also an ewwwwwww

      “Anyone who ever said Mitt Romney should be president…”

      With all the stupid things Romney says I just can’t understand how he made so much money. I keep thinking, it has to be the result of having come from a publicly prominant family…and even if his dad wasn’t rich, he had a hell of a lot more money than most American’s do. Plus the good ol boy network that automatically comes with an Ivy League education…..All of these successful Republican businessmen (like GWB) who are idiots but seem to still be “on top” of the world economically….as if we ever needed more proof that “meritocracy” is dead….

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    “Why do we even need laws against murder? It’s an easy law to follow and 99.9999% of the country follows it, so why do we need it? Americans have enough common sense to do this on their own!”

      Exactly, why does the idjit think the HR dept is so hyper about enforcing the rule…because of the law and the liability exposure. How the hell does anyone get out of college without understanding such a thing?!

  • ainsleyroad

    Just when you thought they couldn’t get any crazier….

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1787072307 Dee Blackney Teachout

    So fearing the H/R department is going to make them comply? They can just fire their H/R department, then problem solved. No, what they fear is the LAW. If there is no law, then no one gets a lunch break – they can eat when they go home.

    • holyreality

      The freemarket will correct this and many many other hurdles to large profits.

      Just think, Newtie can repeal those pesky child labor laws, weekends can be abolished, and workplace safety can be laughed at, so long as that sacred beast that unicorn that shits rainbows, the freemarket allows maximum profitability is all that matters.

      Returning to those glory days of the robber barons when the rich knew it, and the poor did too is what the Rs want, and nothing less.

  • delosgatos

    Razor beat me to it.

    Based on this, Kyle seems to be part of some kind of mother-and-son governing comedy duo: http://jones4staterep.com/about-us/

    “Since 2008, Kyle has worked full-time in the restaurant industry, where he has worked his way up to Shift Manager. He currently serves his church as a Youth Group Leader. In addition to excelling in his work and community activities, he has also earned college credits utilizing the College-Level Examination Program.”

  • delosgatos

    So the shift manager wants to eliminate mandatory lunch breaks. Frakking brilliant.