Moment of Derp

So I got this green bag right here. And I filled it up with the black market light bulbs. And I brought them back to my office here in the Capitol. Whenever I need to put a bulb in the lamp, I reach in this green bag and I screw it in there and smile. A little bit of my liberty back. A little bit of our freedom back. And I want to challenge you to do the same thing. Bring back some of that liberty, some of that freedom. -Rep. Steve King at CPAC

Is this what they mean when they talk about “taking our country back?” “Black market light bulbs” in a green tote-bag? Freedom filaments!

Representative Steve King is of course referring to his life-or-death battle against the Bush Administration’s (George Bush signed it into law) tyrannical regime of energy-efficient light bulbs which includes a ban on using incandescent bulbs in government offices. An inescapable horror!

Some things are simply beyond parody. Derp.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/marabout40 Amarlie

    Dear gawd

  • http://msmith13.wordpress.com/ Mark

    Surprising how little it takes to make some people feel like they have control over their sad little lives.

  • jmby

    I don’t know who is the stupidest: this idiot, the idiots who voted for him in the first place or the idiots in the room when he told this story – and who undoubtedly applauded it.

    Please tell me this waste of protein has no children.

    • ArrogantDemon

      He’s a republican, of course he spawned more unfortunate creature to be unleashed upon this planet like a plague of locust

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Jeebus fleebing cripes. Can I … I’m sorry, I have to…

    WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!!?!

  • GrafZeppelin127

    What are the odds that if a Democrat unscrewed an energy-eff­icient fluorescen­t bulb and replaced it with a non-energy­-efficient incandesce­nt bulb, Rep. King (and everyone on Fox News) would positively freak out over his wasting the taxpayers’ money by throwing out a taxpayer-f­unded light bulb and jacking up his office’s taxpayer-f­unded electric bill, not to mention thinking he’s above the law?

  • gescove

    Since when do Republican members of Congress get to flout the law? Oh, wait…

  • i_a_c

    You now understand the Republican playbook. Blame Obama for Bush’s doing.

    • ArrogantDemon

      TARP
      5 Trillion Dollar additional debt

      all the same game, all the same game

    You mean that as soon as he finished changing the light bulb the door didn’t explode and UN trained, mixed race, homosexual, commandos from San Francisco didn’t charge in to return the proper light bulb, kick his dog, and transport him to a our reeducation center in Paris, France?!? Did Obama have to cut funding for that task force?
    In non-political circles, guys like this are commonly referred to as “Dicks”

  • Miranda

    *blank stare*

    Dumber than a box of rocks….

  • ArrogantDemon

    The light bulb manufacturers want to see the more expensive light bulbs, because, they’re more expensive and they can make more money.

    Did he sneak those in while driving a Hummer that only gets maybe 10 mpg?

    I’m sure Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight D Eisenhower would be proud of what their party has become

  • villemar

    I hope he wins the Darwin Award someday. He deserves it.