Poisoned Farmer Beats Monsanto

It’s always good news when Monsanto loses a lawsuit.

LYON/PARIS, Feb 13 (Reuters) – A French court on Monday declared U.S. biotech giant Monsanto guilty of chemical poisoning of a French farmer, a judgment that could lend weight to other health claims against pesticides.

In the first such case heard in court in France, grain grower Paul Francois, 47, says he suffered neurological problems including memory loss, headaches and stammering after inhaling Monsanto’s Lasso weedkiller in 2004.

Now if we could sue Monsanto for poisoning family farms by destroying non-GMO crops and financially imprisoning farmers with their proprietary monopolistic agri-blight.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Food and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Not Sayin

    Yup. Read this yesterday. Wrong country, right company taking a beating. We need more outcomes like this in the US.

    Monasanto is the evil overlord of industrialized farming and they’re doing it wrong – all of it. And they are completely in bed with the FDA! Someone the other day chastised me for buying alfalfa sprouts and reminded me the FDA had issued a warning about sprouts causing illness from contamination. I said, “Yes – the same FDA that approved diet pills, aspartame and HFCS. I’ll take my chances on the sprouts.”

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Agribusiness is like the military-industrial complex: it’s something that evolved over a long period of time, that has a huge impact on our lives, and is absolutely built-in to the American way of life. Remember, chemistry was a big part of the “Green Revolution” that kept Malthus at bay in the last half-century. It’s not sustainable, to be sure, but it fed people, and that was all it had to do.

    The rest of the story is just capitalism.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Peter-Bockenthien/1476190129 Peter Bockenthien

    How about a class action suit against Monsanto for modifying my DNA without my consent?