'PolitiFact, You Are A Disaster'

As a reliable fact-checking service — one of only two — Politifact has utterly crashed and burned. Their latest trespass involves a quote by Marco Rubio claiming that a majority of Americans are conservative. Not true. At all. So what did Politifact say about it? Here’s Rachel Maddow with the kicker:

Yep. Mostly true, they said, even though their very own evidence debunked Rubio’s claim.

Rachel is absolutely right. They’re a disaster.

I’ve mentioned this before but it bears repeating: I still believe a notable percentage of Americans are afraid to identify as liberal since the word has become so demonized over the years — especially the last 10 years. Also, if you look at issue polling, you’ll notice that Americans are more liberal on most of them.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Poll and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://kylopod.blogspot.com/ Kylopod

    I just did a post a couple of days ago about the Politifact article, Maddow’s response, and the larger question of ideology. I agree that part of the reason for these polls is the demonization of the word “liberal.”