Quote of the Morning

“If my book is racist and anti-Semitic, how did Sean Hannity, Erin Burnett, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Megyn Kelly, Lou Dobbs and Ralph Nader miss that? How did Charles Payne, African-American host on Fox radio, who has interviewed me three times, fail to detect its racism?” Pat Buchanan

Yeah, how did this cartoonish list of white reactionary conservatives (and a black Fox News guy — ostensibly Pat’s “black friend”) not see the racism in Pat’s book? HOW?!

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zasta_Krockett

    And Ralph Nader!

  • Username1016

    I was gonna say — I hold no brief for Ralph Nader, but I wouldn’t call him a “white reactionary conservative.”

    • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

      Me neither. I’d call him a “white privileged narcissist.”

      • Username1016

        OsborneInk: rem acu tetigisti. Still, he’s not a conservative :-)

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Nader not noting the evident racism? Color me unsurprised.

    • http://kylopod.blogspot.com/ Kylopod

      I wouldn’t be surprised either (this is the guy who called Obama an Uncle Tom, after all), but I’ll decline to pass judgment until I know what he actually said. I’m not taking Pat’s word for it.

  • BuffaloBuckeye

    And I’m sure that if Adolph had read it it, he wouldn’t have said anything either.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “Personal responsibility” only applies to others. Meaning anyone who’s not a Republican and doesn’t tend to vote Republican. Nothing to see here.

  • JackDaniel07

    “I did that joke one night and, of course, a white lady came running up to me after the show. She goes, ‘What gives you the right to do jokes about black people like that?’ I’m like, ‘Listen, lady, my best friend – MY.BEST.FRIEND. – is Cuban and that’s close enough.'”
    -Daniel Tosh

    From the guy who invented the racist Southern Strategy for Nixon in 1968, and has rambled on about how ‘good’ things were in Dee Cee when it was segregated. (Yeah, good for the budding bigot Pat, maybe.) I’m unfamiliar with any interview Ralph Nader did with Buchanan, but Nader isn’t the type to yell ‘racist’ in Pat’s pasty face. Buchanan apparently thinks if you aren’t wearing a pointy white hood, it means you’re not a racist.

    • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

      I’ve started calling it “the Dr. Laura rule:” as long as you don’t say the n-word, you’re not racist. I named it for someone who forgot that and suffered. If Pat Buchanan had slipped on this score at any point, he would have already been gone.

      • http://kylopod.blogspot.com/ Kylopod

        Imus didn’t say the n-word, exactly, nor did Limbaugh (when he got canned from CBS for his remarks on Donovan McNabb). Over the years Buchanan broke just about every racial taboo you could imagine: he talked about the U.S. being a white nation, defended slavery, dipped into Holocaust revisionism–you name it. I really don’t have any explanation for the continuance of his career other than that he was an old Washington hand with tremendous clout and connections in the news business, and was given a kind of deference that most people who share his views would never have been given.

          Maybe he has some ‘secret files’ ala J. Edgar on prominent people in the news business; that would be the only explanation for crapshit crazy Pat surviving in the mass media.

        • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

          It is certainly possible for a pundit to lose their job without violating the Dr. Laura rule. My point here is that dog-whistling requires some measure of deniability for the whistler.

          • http://kylopod.blogspot.com/ Kylopod

            I’m not sure I’d call what Buchanan did “dog-whistling.” He was a pretty open defender of some of the core beliefs of white nationalism.