Republicans Will Not Compromise. Ever.

Despite giving religious organizations a way around the birth control coverage law, Republicans still aren’t satisfied. And they won’t be. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Despite Obama’s decision to shield nonprofit religious institutions from offering birth control benefits, next week Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) is expected to offer an amendment that would permit any employer or insurance plan to exclude any health service, no matter how essential, from coverage if they morally object to it.

They won’t rest until everything this president has done is obliterated. If you’re looking for motivation to get involved this year, this ought to be it. Everything good that’s been passed will be rolled back if there’s a Republican president this time next year. Count on it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    “Everything good that’s been passed will be rolled back if there’s a Republican president this time next year. Count on it.”

    Word.

    • Scopedog

      Yup.

      You hear that, Glenn Greenwald? Agonist? Jane Hamsher? David Swanson and David Sirota and Sherwood Ross and all you no-good, half-truth or outright lie spewing emoprog motherfuckers who are so busy tearing a strip off the President that you really don’t give a flying fuck if the Repubs come in and make us all butts in the big gang rape?

      …Sorry. Went overboard there. But in truth, I’m just so damned frustrated that even after the example that Bob just wrote about, you’ll STILL hear crap that Obama is no better than Bush (or is “77% Bush” according to the latest spew on Agonist) and that “both parties are the same”.

      It has to stop.

        I could not agree more, Scopedog.

  • Plugger

    We need Blunt’s measure to pass.
    There’s nothing worse than a bad system that works, and the American health-care system is bad, but it works, pretty much as the American transportation system works. So if we can dissociate employers from financing health care, the system will break, and we, i.e. Congress, will be forced to do something.