Rick Santorum is a Dangerous Demagogue

Rick Santorum is dangerous. There’s no other way to put it. He’s now saying things that could literally lead to the deaths of more service members serving in Afghanistan right now.

Speaking in Marquette, Michigan, Sunday, Rick Santorum addressed an incident Sunday in which 7 U.S. service members were injured in a protest in response to U.S. military members burning a Koran. Santorum called the protestors evil, using the word repeatedly. He also condemned President Obama’s apology over the Koran-burning incident, saying that apologies only incite more violence because they are a show of weakness.

Let me get this straight — apologizing for burning Qurans is a sign of weakness and will somehow lead to more violence? And repeatedly calling those who were offended evil is suppose to help?

Several service members have been killed as a direct result of this incident. Does Santorum have no shame?

This is the man currently polling at the top of the GOP contender list, by the way. The current Republican front-runner. The front-runner who is attempting to widen a now international conflict from the campaign trail.

While part of me would be delighted if Santorum defeated Mitt Romney in a couple more states to prolong the primary process, I no longer consider that a worthy cause. This has gone on long enough. Santorum is a national embarrassment and may actually become a threat to security.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Offering birth control pills: The greatest affront to religion in history.

    Burning a holy book: What’s the big deal?

    • BuffaloBuckeye

      Well, OK, it wasn’t rick’s holy book, so you have a point.

  • muselet

    Rick Santorum doesn’t care about Afghanistan. He doesn’t care about the Afghan people. He doesn’t care about dead and injured US service members. He doesn’t care about other NATO nations having to move personnel out of Afghanistan. He doesn’t particularly care about the security of the US.

    Rick Santorum cares about his own ambition to become president. And his burning desire to tell everyone else how to live their lives.

    Rick Santorum fully deserves to be associated with “santorum” the noun, as well as “rick” the verb (defined in the last letter here.

    Let’s burn a Bible and see how Tricky Rick reacts, eh?

  • andrewdski

    “This is the man currently polling at the top of the GOP contender list, by the way.” That may no longer be true: http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

  • rikyrah

    this is who he is…there is no shock here.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Remember when it was considered treason on Fox to criticize the president’s statements when we had troops on the field?

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_RJRCM6JJWT6QX4O3UKG2QJ7YEM ma-gaga

    I’m torn between: Great Job Rick Sanorum, You’re Doing Great! and, Oh My God, This Man Could Be President.

    I think the first is still the safe bet, but the possibility of the second is too chilling to be sure.