Romney Contradicted Himself in Two Sentences

This is unbelievable.

“This week, President Obama will release a budget that won’t take any meaningful steps toward solving our entitlement crisis. The president has failed to offer a single serious idea to save Social Security and is the only president in modern history to cut Medicare benefits for seniors.”

Good gravy. What a flailing, misguided mess. In just two back-to-back sentences he attacked entitlement spending in the president’s budget, and then attacked entitlement spending cuts.

  • http://ninure.tk Ninure

    He’s actually hoping no one will in his base notice that he tried to “pander to the old folks ” while he attacked Obama…

  • Dan_in_DE

    I sincerely hope that, when it comes to this topic in the coming presidential debates, Obama will drag Politifact back into the fray to mention how they lost any shimmer of credibility when they called him a (half-?) liar on Repub’s wanting to kill medicare.

    These are the facts:

    1. Romney, along with almost every other R out there, has endorsed Paul Ryan’s draconian budget plan for austerity.

    2. That plan, just like every other modern R plan put forward, would privatize medicare by turning it into a voucher system where each elderly recipient gets a woefully insufficient check to pay for their medical needs.

    And any pundits who manage to put down the both sides-crackpipe for long enough will have to admit that this is true.

    • Dan_in_DE

      I just watched last night’s Maddow Show. She did an awesome debunction junction driving the final nail into the coffin of the disaster that is Politifact. It is a must see.

  • JackDaniel07

    I’m Mitt Romney (no I’m not), and I approve this message (no I don’t).

  • http://www.facebook.com/jlaing3 James Laing

    with today’s media, he’ll probably get away with it

      Not if we don’t let him.

  • http://twitter.com/KQuark KQµårk™

    The guy is simply the worse candidate to run for president ever. When I say candidate I’m talking about how he is conducting his campaign with all the lies, gaffes and flip flops.

      Unfortunately, that stuff only matters 1) to people like us who 1) pay attention and 2) actually use logic to analyze what the candidates say, which 99% of the voters in the U.S. don’t do.

    Good Lord, now he can’t even go an entire sentence without flip-flopping.

  • Miranda

    There’s a small part of me that’s really starting to feel sorry for the guy.

      There’s a large part of me that remembers him as governor and thinks he’s finally getting what he always deserved.

  • priscianusjr

    I’m impressed with your reasoning powers, Bob. What Romney said? — I can’t even follow it, I get dizzy before the end.