SATAN!!!

Rick Santorum:

“Satan has his sights on the United States of America!” Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum has declared.

“Satan is attacking the great institutions of America, using those great vices of pride, vanity, and sensuality as the root to attack all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition.”

Sensuality? And what the hell does this mean: “all of the strong plants that has so deeply rooted in the American tradition.” Paging Sarah Palin for a Gibberish-to-English translation, please.

  • jimtowndem

    I think that is called “Talking in Tongues” or in other words “batshit crazy”

  • JMAshby

    Santorum should just go start a puritan colony out on a reservation somewhere and leave the world alone.

    I’m not sure, but I think Santorum is talking about the pottery scene in “Ghost”

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Gregory-Thomas/1539152817 Gregory Thomas

    Please stop posting these things about Santorum until after he beats Romney. Then let ‘er fly.

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_S7NUGMJ2FDHYATRLWFEFCC5CQI schemata

    and this guy is a potential nominee. This old speech was probably dredged up to paint him as extreme, and loony, and to give Romney some breathing room. I think it’ll only make him more popular with the base.

  • http://twitter.com/BarbaraAdams17 Barbara Adams

    Could he be talking about weed? I’ve heard that Satan enjoys the plant from time to time.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Which means we have a presidential candidate that actually believes in the devil.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    It’s the kulturkampf, Bob. Culture warriors *ALWAYS* ascribe their politics to existential battles with evil. It goes along with all his flummery of late about Obama being not-Christian — he serves “some other agenda” which, as the Church Lady would say, is SATAN!!!

    Actually, I unpacked this business Monday:

    http://www.osborneink.com/2012/02/rick-santorum-is-more-christian-than-you.html

    Basically, once you believe that your cause is this righteous you are justified in anything you do.

  • morningsky

    Sieg Heil!

  • caribbeanobserver

    Having just had a wail of a time t Carnival in T rinidad, ‘these folks’ all seem of the chart and I applaud both Bob and Ashby for even bringing them to the fore.
    As a matter of fact they all need to participate in Carnival to ‘free-up’ and release their uptight and intense faux rage..which leads to their bipolarness in speech and actions.

  • caribbeanobserver

    Oh my goodness! The first sentence should read -having just had a wail of a time at Carnival in Trinidad.