The Canary in the Coalmine?

If you’re a Romney supporter, his Maine victory over the weekend probably wasn’t worth celebrating. Benen cites some history:

Indeed, Romney won Maine four years ago with nearly 52% of the vote. This year, he won with less than 40% support of Republican Mainers.

And, as we all know, Romney lost in 2008.

    I guess Benen did beat me to it by about half a day :)

  • D_C_Wilson

    Given that Romney has already lost a couple of states like Minnesota that he won in 2008, I think it’s time to stop calling him the inevitable nominee. Santorum is raelly starting to look like a serious threat.