The Renewable Resource We’ve Been Looking For!

The Republican congressional candidate running for former Representative Gabrielle Giffords’ seat in Arizona, Jesse Kelly, has discovered the renewable resource we’ve all been looking for — Oil!

KELLY: I do find it laughable when they talk about the energy crisis, the energy shortage, when we have so much here in this country. We have so much coal, so much oil, so much natural gas, we have everything we need right here. Three decades ago, they told us there were 800 million barrels of oil existing in the world. Today, because of technology, there’s over a trillion. So apparently it is the renewable resource we’ve all been talking about!

Jesse Kelly is either unfamiliar with the definition of “renewable,” or he is unfamiliar with the geological and chemical process that created fossil fuels. Or both. And maybe he’s unfamiliar with the word “fossil” as well.

Unfortunately, stupidity cannot be transformed into a renewable resource.

Losing Gabrielle Giffords’ seat to this buffoon would be a national embarrassment.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Flippin UID

    Well, stupidity does seem to be perpetual if not renewable. But I’m sure some can argue that stupidity is renewable. It’s just not a desirable resource.

  • Lexamich

    I’m sure this teatard dullard would leap at the chance to convince that webpic of Fry that he is, indeed, very, very serious like Beck or Bachmann.

  • muselet

    On the video (at the link), it sounds like he’s trying far too hard to make a joke at the expense of those hippy-dippy tree-hugging libruls. Even so, it was a remarkably stupid thing to say.

    I’m the last person who should make comments about someone’s looks, but doesn’t this guy look like Curly Howard?

    –alopecia

  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_IXXZYGVDXUE5LTKXFAKHGN237U jimbo123

    Well, according to the Discovery Institute, it only takes a couple of decades to turn peat into coal, so there ya go! Problem solved thanks to superior Republican thinkifying! No,no, don’t thank us, pathetic reality-based libruls. Just give us back the White House and the Senate.

    • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

      If you don’t believe in fossils, you don’t have to believe fuels are fossils.

  • desertflower1

    Shhhhhhhhhh…don’t drink the water.It takes all remaining brain cells. Jessie drank more than his share

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    I keep saying that peak oil denial is the new climate change denial. Anyone who wants to prepare themselves for the nonsense should Google “abiotic oil.” Oddly enough, abiotic oil theory comes from Soviet Lysenkoism, but it’s been a libertarian fringe meme for years already. No one has ever produced a barrel of abiotic oil — because it doesn’t exist.

    THIS explains why there are gaps in the fossil record. Alan West has been pumping the evidence for evolution into the gas tank of his Humvee.

    Unfortunately, it’s very probable that a Repub could win that seat. Even though Tucson leans Democratic, Giffords was still much more on the conservative end of the left and she had to be in order to get elected.