The Stimulus Worked

And the Republicans are lying about it:

The Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday that President Obama’s 2009 stimulus package continues to have a significant effect.

The bill raised fourth-quarter 2011 gross domestic product by as much as 1.5 percent, it states, and lowered the unemployment rate by as much as 1.1 percentage points.

Here’s a prediction of the Republican response: But the stimulus didn’t work and the numbers are a conspiracy by the Obama administration.

This is fact, they’ll say. And the very carefully calculated mathematical numbers are a lie.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    I can hear it now: “Math is just a theory that’s out there”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Yep. “I believe Americans should be able to choose between this thing called ‘math’ that was thought up by liberal elites and faith-based numbers.”

  • jjasonham

    “SOME” say 2+2 = 4…

    Remember the good ol days when the CBO was recognized as neutral and their numbers something to be relied upon by all parties involved?

    I’ve had countless conversations with wingnuts about the scientific method, about how research is done, etc and they still say the experts are lying about evolution, climate change, budget numbers, etc. Do you think that if more people had gone to college and actually have done original research that they would be more likely to support said research? I used to think that was the case but I’ve met so many college educated young men who buy into this way of thinking (thinking here of many Paulettes).

  • GrafZeppelin127

    There’s almost no point anymore in waiting for Republicans or their sundry enablers to react to any piece of news, because it’s so easy to predict what they’re going to say.