Articles of Impeachment Introduced

A jacknut from North Carolina has introduced articles of impeachment against President Obama. Oddly enough it has to do with opposing the president if he decides to attack another country without congressional authorization.

Of course the president ought to do this, but the idea of Republicans impeaching a Democratic president for launching an attack is hilarious considering their kneejerk these-colors-don’t-run jingoism whenever we might be dropping missiles on brown people.

Don’t expect the articles to go anywhere. It’s just another example of how utterly ridiculous this party is. By the way, they absolutely would have impeached Al Gore if he had been president on 9/11.

  • http://twitter.com/festafarian CB

    Sometimes it so embarrassing to live in NC…..
    *hangs head in shame*

    • Clusterpuck

      Seriously!

      First, we had the embarrassment of Jessie Helms. Now we have the embarrassment of Jones, Ellmers, McHenry and (worst-of-worst) Virginia Foxx.

      Is it something in the water?

  • i_a_c

    Aww, man, I should have looked at the status bar to see that I was clicking over to WorldNutDaily.

    Anyway, this will go nowhere, just like Kucinich’s articles of impeachment against Bush. Any jackwagon can introduce them.

    • muselet

      That’ll learn ya. :^)

    “they absolutely would have impeached Al Gore if he had been president on 9/11.”

    9/11 would never have happened if Gore were president. They would have taken the information given to them and stopped the terrorists from even boarding those planes, whereas the Bush Administration didn’t take those warnings seriously and chose to ignore them.

    • incredulous72

      The Bush Administration had bigger fish to fry other than preventing a terrorist attack on US soil . . .

      . . . like looking to invade Iraq (bangs head against desk).

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’ve long maintained that if Al Gore had been president on 9/11, they would have impeached him on 9/12.

    So, if launching military action without Congress’ prior consent is now an impeachable offense, does that mean we have to retroactively impeach Saint Ron for bombing Libya and invading Grenada? What about Bush Sr for invading Panama?

      Exactly! And in Grenada and Panama we had plenty of boots openly on the ground (once dated a paratrooper who was in Grenada). These guys are so full of crapola.

    • muselet

      I’m not sure the Rs wouldn’t have introduced articles of impeachment on the afternoon of the 11th.

      –alopecia

  • FlipYrWhig

    Isn’t Walter Jones pretty much the junior varsity version of Ron Paul?