Bill O'Reilly Wants to Jail Welfare Video Guy

Good job, Alexandra Pelosi. By inadvertently feeding a right-wing racist stereotype that has little bearing in reality (black welfare recipients are lazy and only want handouts), you provided fuel for Bill O’Reilly and his wingnut panel to demand jail time for one of the black men in your Real Time video.

On Friday, Pelosi debuted her report on mostly black welfare recipients, many who appeared unwilling to work and relied on the government. The report appalled Bill O’Reilly, who told his panel tonight he would like to see at least one of the people in the report in jail. [...]

O’Reilly found the video “very troubling,” and said of one person interviewed in particular– who expressed no desire to work and admitted to having five children with four women– “I’d put that guy in jail.”

Great. That video was a disgrace, and we don’t know if the guys in the Pelosi video actually received “checks”.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Madam1

    I couldn’t agree with you more on the Pelosi video being asolute horseshit. It was ridiculous and grossly misleading. The line of black men with large afros and urban wear was like an O’Keefe/Brietbart mockery. The bulk of people on “welfare” are single, white moms, not lazy, jive talking black men that looked like they were taken out of a “Shaft” movie. The video was absolutely bogus and made me even more pissed off at our fearless, democratic leader Bill Maher who just seems to be getting lost in his messaging lately. If he has another all male panel of white men discussing birth control, much like the asshat Issa, I will never ever tune into his program again. Seriouls, how does Chris Hayes manage to fill an entire panel with educated women week after week and Maher inflicts us with one at most and more often than not, she’s a GOP disaster.
    I’m really tired of the both sides meme as it’s grossly overstated and now my hero’s daughter has just made it even worse. Nancy needs to send Alexandra to her room and never let her out.

      I’ve been over Maher since he started calling Pres Obama “Sanford and Son” in 2009.

      Totally agree with your other very excellent points. :)

    • Homer Erectus

      Nancy spoiled her daughter and it shows. I’m guessing the Pelosis check their guests’ credit reports before they decide whether they’re allowed to use the front door.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Meanwhile, the white men in Mississippi with poor dental care and poorer intelligence, who keep voting against their own interests, are considered Patriots in O’Reilly’s worldview.

  • freakishlystrong

    “Are there no workhouses? Are there no prisons?”

    I knew they’d make a freaking fuss over that stupid video. She should have known it too.

    It wasn’t freaking REAL, dumbasses.

    Go home, Alexandra.

  • deazl666

    I’m a huge fan of Bill Maher, but Pelosi’s second video left me scratching my head. I’m not sure what point she was trying to make, and I’m not certain Bill did either as he seemed a little confused. Plus, they were talking over each other, which was giving me a headache. Anyway, pervasive red state ignorance impacts the national debate and therefore public policy – as such, I support any filmmaker’s attempt to shine a light on the problem. That being said, if I was in Pelosi’s shoes, I probably would have gone about it differently by ALSO exposing those in power who benefit from the voting habits of southern poor whites who, in reality, are simply pawns in the GOP’s Southern Strategy, but I digress…Pelosi’s second video only reinforced the urban welfare stereotype, which wasn’t her intent, but, because she failed so miserably in explaining her actions, she only succeeded in making the problem of perception much, much worse by giving ammunition to the O’Reilly’s of the world…

    • Homer Erectus

      I’ve despised Bill Maher ever since I saw Religulous. Remember that one? That was the film where he sought out and ridiculed easy targets in an attempt to make himself appear superior.

  • muselet

    Alexandra Pelosi: further evidence that intelligence isn’t a heritable trait.

    –alopecia

    • missliberties

      Stoking hate, is what she did. Not only was it stupid beyond belief, but also dangerous.

  • missliberties

    She was unbelievably stupid to post pictures and names.

    So very liberal of her to invite vigil ante justice, in this crazed heated environment, at the very same time the new right is doing everything in it’s power to stoke racial discord.

      She posted names? Wow. She not only crossed the line, she erased it.

  • Homer Erectus

    Alexandra Pelosi is a snotty, entitled child of privilege who thinks it’s good sport to ridicule the poor. She’s not really a racist–she’s just a classist boor. Sad thing is, most conservatives believe Bill Maher and Alexandra Pelosi are representative of all liberals. Both of them can go to hell as far as I’m concerned.

    Bob, just an FYI, both JackDaniels and I posted comments on Alexandra’s facebook page, comments that were perfectly nice and reasonable. I also linked to your original post on this topic. Several others responded to the comments, and so forth.

    Lo and behold, I go back to her page tonight, and she has erased every single thing that was on her wall.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alexandra-Pelosi/54987664311?sk=wall

    • JackDaniel07

      ha, I was just going to wander over there to check it out
      it had been a couple days, but I was in at least one engaging conversation

      ohwell!

  • http://profile.yahoo.com/FSMWT347HAYPWUQHBQIL4AZXTE M.

    It appears to me that Mrs. Pelosi’s point is poor white people vote republican because they believe that voting for the democrats will result in money being awarded to “lazy, black welfare queens”. Also, democrats(the doorman)are leaving the party because of “lazy, black welfare queens”. So IMO she is trying to say that if there is one thing that right and left can agree on, it’s that blacks are lazy and shiftless. The part about corporate welfare felt tacked on and Maher’s weak counters seemed like they were fake and meant to cover his own backside if he ever has to answer to it. Has Mrs. Pelosi been reading Thomas Sowell?