Bizarro World

Remember when the policies of George W. Bush saved the economy?

Me neither, but apparently Mitt Romney does.

“I keep hearing the president say that he’s responsible for keeping America from going into a Great Depression,” Romney told a crowd at a town hall meeting in Maryland Wednesday. “No, no no. That was President George W. Bush and Hank Paulson that stepped in and kept that from happening.”

Oh. Okay. It was actually Bush who rescued the economy, not President Obama.

I don’t think I need to point out how grotesquely wrong this is, regardless this could easily become a new meme on the Right.

Fortunately, a majority of Americans do not agree. Those who do agree are among the same group of people who believe Sarah Palin is qualified for the presidency, that President Obama is a secret-Muslim, and that we never landed on my moon.

Also, the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in George W. Bush and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=695682533 Janet Carter

    sweet Mother of God give me grace.

  • i_a_c

    I hate to play devil’s advocate (okay, I don’t hate it), but I’m going to rate this Romney statement as “mostly false” on my personal Politifact-o-meter. The bailouts probably did prevent 20% or higher unemployment from happening. But without the stimulus, we’d be enduring 15% unemployment. This has to be viewed in the context of the Romney narrative that “Obama made the economy worse,” which is totally bogus.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “Also, the Germans bombed pearl harbor.”

    What? You mean what Bluto told me in Animal House was false? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

  • priscianusjr

    Not only that, it was Obama that caused the financial crisis in the first place.