Doof Quote of the Day

“Get over it. It was a long time ago, people forget. It was a 7-2 decision. It wasn’t even close.” Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on the Bush v. Gore decision

The decision was 5-4. And no sir, we won’t “get over it” because it irrevocably changed the course of history — on top of being a crime against citizen suffrage.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kitty-Smith/100000047475312 Kitty Smith

    And this, boys and girls, is one of the United States top legal minds. Absolutely lovely.

  • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

    Vafancullo, Scalia.

    • priscianusjr

      Sfacim . . . u’cazz’. . . stronzo . . .

  • JackDaniel07

    how the hell does he get the vote tally wrong?????
    seriously, facts are sooooo 2008

    • agrazingmoose

      Perhaps he is senile. That would explain a lot.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        And/or evil.

      • JackDaniel07

        Ha! So thats what its come to…when we give a US Supreme Court Justice the “benefit of the doubt”, the kindest conclusion we can offer is that he’s lost his marbles – I’ll drink to that!

  • http://www.broadwaycarl.com Broadway Carl

    I don’t consider 11½ years “a long time ago” especially since we are still suffering from that decision to this day. And do you think Scalia knowingly lied about the vote? 7-2? Seriously?!

    • incredulous72

      I don’t think, I KNOW he knowingly lied.

    • tmikesell

      Unremorseful, unrepentant Liar.

    If Dred Scott were here, we could ask his opinion on idiotic supreme court decisions we won’t soon get over.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Antonin Scalia. A terrible Supreme Court judge and an even worse human being. I bet if we got inside all the dirty tricks of this despiciable person, he’d be in prison for a long, long time.

    • http://twitter.com/Chrisgrrr Chris Grill

      I would like to throw a party the day he steps down from the bench. It’ll be decades before we recover from the likes of him.

  • morningsky

    “People forget” These are the words of a wise justice? That’s what a parking attendants say when someone dings your fender in the lot!

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Kevin-Moore/100000236143463 Kevin Moore

    And this from our Supreme Court, we could all be in trouble!!!

  • muselet

    Oh. Dear. Lord.

    Wesleyan University selected Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia to deliver this year’s annual Hugo L. Black Lecture on Freedom of Expression.

    Irony isn’t dead, but it’s coughing up blood.

    Not only was it 5-4, but O’Connor should have recused herself for stating at a DC party that she wanted bush to win so she could retire and be replaced by a republican.

    Also, too: scalia is filth