I Agree With Santorum

I don’t like being put in a position where I have to agree with Rick Santorum, but this is one case wherein Mitt Romney has given me no choice.

“Everything changes. It’s almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all of over again” Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom said today, referring to the Romney campaign’s general election strategy.

The obvious interpretation is that Romney will say anything in the general election if he thinks it will help him, and Rick Santorum immediately hit Romney on this astonishingly-stupid campaign gaffe.

We need someone who has a strong, consistent record. Who when the winds changes, are not going to change. One of Governor Romney’s aides today on the television said that Governor Romney’s, after he wins the primary, will be like an Etch-a-Sketch. You take whatever he said and just shake it up and it’ll be gone and he’s gonna draw a whole new picture for the general election.

Well that should be comforting to all you who are voting in this primary, that whoever you’re going to vote for is going to be a completely new candidate. Remove all trace of any kind of marks, and be able to draw a new picture. Maybe a picture similar to when he ran for governor of Massachusetts, not as a conservative.

This is priceless.

Thank you Mitt Romney.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Epic Fail and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/GodIsDead Gern Blandston

    Of course, the opposite candidate is the one who maintains an undefendable position in the face of overwhelming evidence that said position will in fact have horrific consequences for the country, is not based on fact, has no supporting data or research, and is based solely upon a 2000 year old mythology…

    So, it’s “never change” versus “always change”. Fanfuckingtastic. Because, you know, that’s how the real world works.

  • Reality_Speaks

    Hey, look on the bright side… this is the first honest statement the Romney campaign has made so far. :)

    Ashby-I guess that answers the question we have been bantering around about who is handling Romney. A stooge being managed by idiots it looks like to me. A biblical metaphor comes to mind: “If the blind are leading the blind then both will end up in the ditch.”

    Thanks Mitt Romney indeed…

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Oh, man, the ads just write themselves.

    Picture this: An Etch-A-Sketch appears on your TV screen, quickly draws a picture of Mitt Romney and writes out one of his quotes. On screen for 4-5 seconds. Then it shakes itself clear and draws another picture of Romney, with a quote saying the exact opposite of the first quote. Shake it again, repeat 3 or 4 times. Then draw in the Obama campaign logo, shake it, and have it stay on the screen.

  • agrazingmoose

    And the Romney campaign has offered no comment…

  • mattpd

    Gov Romney likes to fire people… looks like he’ll get a chance to do just that.

    It’s pretty funny how the campaign consistently makes gaffe’s right after a big win. It’s like they exhale a little bit and lose discipline. Not ready for prime time.. I mean on the day that Jeb comes out for him, all the press will be talking about this.

    But is it a gaffe? I guess not. They know they’ve had the etch a sketch out all along.

    It really does reveal that at the core of the candidate, there is no core.

    Up till now I thought huntsman’s “well oiled weather vane” was the best description for his utter lack of conviction… now his own team tops that!