Quote of the Morning

“One of the ones promoting that [a brokered convention] is Sarah Palin, who has suggested herself as the choice. I think as long as it’s between us girls — I’ve been observing something about her. I don’t think it’s likely to happen. I don’t know what these people are cheering for. As I wrote in a column a few weeks back, who is this dream candidate we’re hoping to get from the convention, because Rick Perry used to be the dream candidate. Can we see them in a debate first?”

“The one pledge I support and I think I’m going to draft it up is for all Republican nominees for president — I want them to sign a pledge saying, ‘If I lose the nomination I pledge I will not take a gig with Fox News or write a book.’” Ann Coulter taking a shot at Sarah Palin

Interesting. Very interesting. When Coulter is more rational than Sarah Palin, the Republican Party has careened way off the rails.

  • Zen Diesel

    I had to read the article twice just to make sure I read it right. When Ann Coulter is the voice of reason for the Republican, maybe the Mayans are right the world is coming to an end or the devil is putting on his ice skates.

  • Draxiar

    *winces* I agree….with…her….

    Man that was painful. I think I need a shower….

    • Not Sayin

      I know. It’s…like opposite day and it hurts my brain.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I need a shower.

      And a bottle of Pepto.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    ‘If I lose the nomination I pledge I will not take a gig with Fox News or write a book.’

    I think Coulter nails it here. Republican politicians in general, not just the presidential candidates (but especially them), seem to be competing for book deals and a show on Fox, not for a job governing the country. Maybe it was Frum who pointed this out when he referred to “conservatives” (i.e., fans of the GOP) as a market segment rather than a political ideology or coherent governing philosophy. Selling the GOP’s product to the public through Fox, books, talk radio and the Internet is far more lucrative than trying to translate that product into actual law and public policy.

    • muselet

      Political campaigns (or convention speeches, à la Zell Miller in 2004) are Righty audition tapes.

      –alopecia

      • MiddleMittenLiberal

        Ah, yes, whatever happened to Zell Miller (let him rot in wherever!)….

    • http://twitter.com/themattmcd Matt McDaniel

      But half of the contenders still in the race already were paid contributors to Fox News.

    • Not Sayin

      *slut(s)*

      cough

  • muselet

    Ann Coulter is correct, but for the wrong reason. She doesn’t care about the country, she doesn’t really care about the integrity of the Republican Party. She knows her star is no longer in the ascendency, and she fears losing her Top Wingnut status to a failed politician.

    Shorter Coulter: “My Preciousssssss!”

    Well gee, Ann. What do you expect Gingrich and Santorum do? Get a job?