Santorum Wins Louisiana, Cheney Wins Heart

Dick Cheney received a heart transplant. Not sure if this one winds up and pumps sand like a steampunk contraption. Find out here.

Meanwhile, Rick Santorum won the Louisiana primary. He also predicted that the Republicans will lose in November.

“Don’t make the mistake that Republicans made in 1976. Don’t nominate the moderate. When you do, we lose.”

I don’t think he expects to be on the ticket, either.

    “Dick Cheney received a heart transplant.”

    What a waste of assets.

    “I don’t think he expects to be on the ticket, either.”

    At this point, Santorum is only interested in 2016, since he knows he can’t win the nom for 2012. That’s why he is still fiercely attacking Romney.

    Adding….I didn’t know that Cheney had a heart.

    • muselet

      I didn’t know that Cheney had a heart.

      I had the exact same thought.

      –alopecia

      • Treading_Water

        I read that he’s staying in the hospital for an extra week just to make sure that the new heart doesn’t reject him.

        • muselet

          *rim shot*

    The way it stands right now Ricky, you’ll all lose either way.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s not really a transplant so much as an installation.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Romney is now 0-5 in the deep south. He’ll still win all those states in November, though. The GOP never loses them and it’s not like there’s a chance that a black guy could win any of them. But in the meantime, the diehard southerners are sending the GOP establishment a message. They’ll vote for him in the fall, but they’re not going to have any enthusiasm for it. They’d rather have somebody as awful as Santorum than a Mormon. Here’s going to have to spend a lot of effort to woo them over, which will sap resources he could otherwise spend in the rust belt swing states that he critically needs.

    • Brutlyhonest

      “Here’s going to have to spend a lot of effort to woo them over, …”

      I respectfully disagree. Here’s why: The people down here will vote for anything with an R next to it as long as their church and/or faux news tells them to. And we should never forget that these are the people who always vote.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Yes and no. The conservative/evangelical voters are going to get in line like the good little sheep they are. But they aren’t going to work hard to convince others to vote for Romney. His case is analogous to George H. W. Bush in 1992. The conservative base has no enthusiasm for him. The base will turn out for him, but they aren’t going to be out knocking on doors to campaign for him.

          I disagree. Those really motivated to vote will go for Mitt on the sheep principle but those who are are not equally motivated (not all evangelicals are interchangeable no more than other Christians are) will just stay home.

  • http://profiles.google.com/jadopine Jim Oliver

    “Not sure if this one winds up and pumps sand like a steampunk contraption.”

    You should have linked to the scene from Hellboy when Kroenen winds his heart back up.

    I am betting Cheney with all his power and money ordered that he receive only the finest quality heart such as that of a healthy, nubile virginal young woman that was removed in the midst of a pentagram and blessed with the sacrifice of several goats. Can you guess what I think of him? ;)