The Obama Campaign Agenda

TPM watched The Road We’ve Traveled very carefully and constructed this pie chart:

I’m not so sure healthcare reform will be so central to the campaign, but you can bet the economic recovery and the auto industry will be front and center.

And about the Bin Laden topic, it occurred to me while watching the video: if that had been a white Republican president announcing that he had killed Bin Laden, his approval rating would have skyrocketed up to 90 percent. Instead, the president received a four percent bump in his numbers. 4 percent. Think about that. After ten years, the most wanted man in the world is killed in a targeted effort by the president and every American on SEAL Team 6 (including the dog) escapes unharmed — four percent bump in approval numbers. Unbelievable.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in President Obama and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JackDaniel07

    post this video everywhere you go

  • mrbrink

    It’s kind of funny because that guy waving the big flag in the middle of the crowd on that night in Grant park is one of my favorite flag-related images of all time. It’s nice to see it so prominently featured because I’ve always considered it iconic in an iconic moment in history.

    There’s:

    “Washington crossing the Delaware” flag

    Iwo Jima flag.

    The Moon flag.

    The 9/11 flag.

    The Grant park flag.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Yeah, but Obama killin’ Bin Laden don’t count, ‘cuz anybody in smart places like Mississippi, Alabama, and anyone that watches Fox News on a regular basis, will tell ya that Obama is a Muslim who’s throwin’ everahbody off of his secret agenda to impose Sharia law on the land and replace good Christian churches with Islamic mosques as well as ridding Christmas in favor of Ramadan. OPEN YER EYES, Y’ALL!!!

  • rikyrah

    if Shrub had killed Bin Laden, the GOP would have drafted papers to put him on Mount Rushmore.

  • Treading_Water

    I’m surprised to see even a 4 point bump for killing Bin Laden. I seem to remember him getting attacked from the left for murder and from the right for making shit up.