The President is Crushing the Budget Deficit

The CBO is projecting that the president’s new budget would crush the deficit to almost zero by 2017. Via Kevin Drum, here’s the chart.

Also, please note the “actual” side of the chart showing that the deficit has gone down since the president was inaugurated. Put another way: the president has reduced the deficit.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • sherifffruitfly

    OBAMA SMASH

  • villemar

    But but but STEALING FROM OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDRENSES!

    • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_LMTHEHK5XCAEN5ZDLWA5GQA2DA Foxxstory

      are you quoting Ronald Reagan who said , if Medicare passes,” “We are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children, what it once was like in America when men were free.”

      we are still free

      • D_C_Wilson

        “we are still free”

        Certainly not due to a lack of trying on the GOP’s part.

  • Ned F

    This can’t be right. Everybody “knows” along with healthcare reform costing trillions more, the deficit has ballooned under Obama, taxes have gone up and the recession has gotten worse.

    • http://twitter.com/Stormyleewolf Karen Roberts

      Ned who are you getting your information from, if it is FOX news they lie. Everyone knows that democrats do better at lowing the budget then republicans. If it is fro a friend tell them to stop watching FOX news.

      • Ned F

        I’m being snarky and sarcastic. I’m OK, really.

        • L Wms

          Ned, I speak fluent sarcasm, I understood your post. :)
          Peace !

          • JackDaniel07

            As the Honorary Mayor of Smartassington, I present you both with a Key to the City