The Republican War On Porn

Rick Santorum knows what’s seriously hurting America.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has promised to initiate a war on porn if elected.

“America is suffering a pandemic of harm from pornography. It contributes to misogyny and violence against women. It is a contributing factor to prostitution and sex trafficking,” the former Pennsylvania senator wrote in a statement posted on his campaign website.

Santorum has chosen the porn industry as his latest target in his effort to be viewed as the most conservative candidate in the GOP primary, ahead of opponent Mitt Romney. He believes that current obscenity laws should be more stringently enforced.

  • http://twitter.com/benintn benintn

    You know what really promotes misogyny? Christian teaching that blames women for sin.

    • atlavely

      ANY teaching that blames women. Not just the Christians, although since women don’t have souls, not sure how they could be blamed for sin…

  • BadSaratoga

    Santorum is so worried about everyone’s sexual habits, women’s contraception, abortion choices and porn that one might consider labeling him a sexual predator. This guy’s scary.

      It does seem he protests too much. You know what I mean?

      • eljefejeff

        yes. he has closet gay written all over him. And by that, I mean a closet full of gay porn

  • Nancie Mcauley

    Where is “less/smaller” government in all this? Isn’t that the Republicans thing? Oh. Oh, I see. Just less government for rich people and corporations.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    What Century is This?™

  • Username1016

    Gird up your l__ns,
    Smite h_p and th_gh,
    We’ll all be Kansas
    By and by.

  • JackDaniel07

    They can have my barnyard midget porn when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

    • gescove

      Beat me to it. The Republicans stirring the culture war just makes crazed lefties bitter: clinging to their gun bans, atheism, and embrace of people different from themselves. And, also, porn.

  • eastwest49

    Allegedly, the biggest users of pornography hail from the bible belt. This could put some of Santorum’s supporters in a quandary.

  • muselet

    Rick Santorum has a conveniently short memory.

    With great fanfare, the George W. Bush Administration set up an anti-porn task force, which even its biggest boosters inside DOJ quickly decided was a pointless diversion of time, manpower and money. It was a terrible disappointment to social conservatives, who complained long and loud about the lack of “Untouchables”-style raids in the San Fernando Valley, but the professionals breathed a sigh of relief because they could concentrate on actual crimes.

    It’s getting harder and harder to laugh at Santorum. It seems cruel, like picking on the fat kid in elementary school.

    –alopecia

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    What have I been telling you people? I first met the tea party in the mid-80s when they marched outside the local bookstore to protest Playboys on the shelves.

  • eljefejeff

    I actually somewhat agree that porn is way out of control. But like drugs, guns, and immigration, if you can’t stop demand, you’ll never stop the supply.

  • jmby

    Using his own “logic” and based on his own record of misogyny and attacks on Women’s Rights, Rick Santorum must watch a shit-ton of porn.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1583135820 Amy Stone

    Lord help us if we ever elect a African-American Female to the Presidency. I am sure their heads would EXPLODE!

  • excitablerooster

    I love porn and I hate Santorum.