What's The Matter With Kansas?

Santorum won the Kansas caucus yesterday:

Mr. Santorum captured 51 percent of the vote, easily eclipsing his rivals Mitt Romney, who had 21 percent; Newt Gingrich with 14 percent; and Ron Paul with 13 percent.

Mr. Santorum was projected by The Associated Press to win at least 32 of the 40 delegates in play, raising the stakes for the Alabama and Mississippi primaries on Tuesday, which polls showed to be wide open.

“We’ve had a very, very good day,” Mr. Santorum said in Missouri, retracing the ups and downs of a campaign in which he said many had questioned why he persisted.

And the clown car rolls on without any end in sight.

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Charles-Richard-Brown/545659651 Charles Richard Brown

    Kansas is a real problem for politicians. You’ve got very wealthy areas like Johnson county, you’ve got extremists of all kinds in Kansas like the Westboro Baptist Cult, you got religious fundamentalists like Creationists groups, and school boards that hate education… and yet you also have a tremendous unemployment problem in Kansas City itself, farm subsidies in the west and shit… it is just a mess.

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1158248063 Kristin A Beatty

    Completely agree w/Charles. Altho there are many good, intelligent ppl in Kansas, politically, they are a mess. Dangerous for all of us.

      “there are many good, intelligent ppl in Kansas”

      But we’re talking about the Republican caucus here. ;)

    “What’s wrong with Kansas?” Bob, you know what’s wrong with Kansas. You know…

    What’s wrong with Kansas is the same thing that’s wrong with Alabama, Mississippi and many other Red States. The people who stay there are afraid, not only of other races and ideas, but of not being able to succeed outside of their small communities. I’ve met people who grew up in small towns in the South and Midwest; most of them put it more bluntly: it’s the idiots who remain behind; those with intelligence and guts can’t wait to move out. But, relatively speaking, their populations are not large and neither is their Electoral College vote. That they each have two US senators is an unfortunate mistake that should be corrected.

    I don’t view any state’s choice of candidate in this primary as a sign there is something the matter there. All the candidates are just awful; none of them are worth voting for, but one of them still has to win. So while we’re at it, what’s the matter with South Carolina for voting for Gingrich? What’s the matter with Ohio for voting for Romney?

    • incredulous72

      I second that.

      This crop of republican candidates is really atrocious. It’s really insulting to a certain degree; they’re willing to put ANYBODY up to represent them because they figure this should be an easy get with the first African American President up for re-election.

      That’s another reason why this election is so important (in addition to the other host of reasons that have been stated numerous times by just about everyone that tunes into this blog). The sane and well adjusted have to vote in this election to send a clear message to the unstable and ignorant that enough is enough and we’re moving this country forward.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I could easily change your last question to “What’s the matter with Michigan voting for Romney?”