Who Saw This Coming?

I did, for one.

Just as predicted, Tucker Carlson’s Daily Caller is attacking President Obama for apologizing for the murder of civilians in Afghanistan yesterday morning by a U.S. soldier.

And here’s the kicker — The Daily Caller wants to know why the president is apologizing for murdered Afghans but not — wait for it — not for civilians who have been killed in Mexico as a result of “Fast and Furious,” which began under President Bush.

President Barack Obama has never apologized to Mexican President Felipe Calderon for the 300 civilians murdered with weapons the United States provided to Mexico’s drug cartels, but on Sunday he found time to place a call to Afghan president Hamid Karzai apologizing for deaths caused by an American soldier this weekend in Afghanistan.

The Daily Caller asked the White House why Obama hasn’t similarly apologized to Calderon for the murders that resulted from the U.S. policy of providing weapons to the Mexican cartels. Obama spokesman Eric Schultz did not answer.

Oh, I know! Pick me! He’s apologizing to Afghanistan and not Mexico because he’s a secret Muslim sympathizer, right?

Wink. Nod.

There’s reaching, and then there’s reaching. This definitely qualifies as the latter.

By the way, is the Right Wing now suddenly anti-gun? Guns are now a bad thing? Did I miss the memo?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Afghanistan and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/NotFromOff kenny martin

    And in the meantime, Glock Mfg. (Ga. Gun Mill) guilty of embezzlement from his own company…?

  • D_C_Wilson

    Wait, I thought Mexicans were the enemies who were stealing our jobs, smuggling drugs into our country, and leaving headless corpses all over the Arizona desert?

      Heck, I can’t even go for a lovely evening stroll without tripping over the headless corpses…. ;)

  • Steve

    Guns don’t kill people, people kill people – except for the guns from Operation Fast and Furious. In all of human history, this is the only case where the person who provided the guns is responsible for the murders that get committed with them.

  • http://macklyons.blogspot.com/ Mack Lyons

    Looks like poor Tucker pulled a muscle on this one.

      Ha, shows what you know. Tucker doesn’t have a single muscle in his entire body!

  • http://twitter.com/JimmyAbra Jimmy Abraham

    I am not familiar with the fast and furious story…but did someone working under the US government (like a military personnel or other officer) personally attack and kill the Mexican civilians? If that is a case, there may be a case…but apolagizing for something bad is never a bad thing.

    • D_C_Wilson

      What happened was that the ATF allowed a bunch of guns to become circulated among drug dealers with tracking devices attached to them. The plant was to track the guns and use that information to bust up some gangs. However, the guns ended up being used to kill numerous people, including both law enforcement personnel and civilians.

  • Not Sayin

    You keep reaching for shit that isn’t there and sooner or later you fall over. And we all know how THAT goes- the harder they come, the harder they fall…;-)

  • dvdoff

    Still tracking at 61% approval with Latinos. How’s Romney doing with that voter block?

      LOL, if the beltway crowd is worried about how Mitt does with the average white voter, they ought to be pooping in their skivvies when it comes to Latino voters.

    TV Dinner trust-funder Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson is obviously trying to make Daily Caller pay off and articles like this are his lame attempt to crawl into the smear Big Leagues along with the late Breitbart and Ann Coulter. His anonymously-sourced ‘expose’ of Media Matters’ David Brock is the funniest piece of alleged journalism I’ve read in quite a while. He actually criticized Brock for being overly obsessed with getting his facts straight on a site that exists to fact-check right-wing media. Priceless.
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/12/inside-media-matters-sources-memos-reveal-erratic-behavior-close-coordination-with-white-house-and-news-organizations/