Why Geraldo Sucks

This:

“But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies,” Rivera insisted. “I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.”

Yep. And rape victims were asking for it.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BuffaloBuckeye

    Atta boy, Geraldo. I’ve got three hoodies, good thing I’m an older white male.

    O/T, but WTF is wrong with Robertson?
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pat-Robertson-says-Peyton-Manning-Denver-Broncos-deserve-injury-over-Tim-Tebow-snub-032212

  • http://twitter.com/chrisjw5 Christopher Wade

    While I completely disagree that Trayvon is in any way responsible for his own death, I don’t think it’s unfair to warn people who may be targeted to be careful.

    It’s such a fine line…. I want women to be able to wear what they want, but at the same time, I’d hope that they’d at least be careful about how and when and where they wear suggestive clothing.

    There’s no question of anyone’s right to wear what they wish, but as parents, there’s an obligation to teach discretion, for their own sake.

    This is something I really wrestle with, but there’s no question that Geraldo was – at BEST – ham-fisted. Zimmerman was responsible, the hoodie and Trayvon weren’t.

  • arirutenberg

    Yeah its true that people doing shady shit sometimes wear hoodies…but so do people who are cold, don’t want to get wet, or are working out.

    You know what clothes lots of people who commit crimes wear? Suits and ties. I guess we should warn people not to wear a suit unless you want to be confused for some Wall Street assclown who caused our economic collapse and beaten to a pulp by angry 99 percenters…

  • muselet

    I haven’t owned a hooded sweatshirt, as they were called back when I was a kid (“So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you’d say. Now where was I… oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn’t get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones…”), in years. However, thanks to professional chowderhead Geraldo Rivera I’m thinking of buying one.

    oh Geraldo..you’re so cute when you are trying to stay relevant and keep an on air job…

  • muselet

    Relevant.

    Via.

    –alopecia