Worse Than Bush

Well, not really.

After Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell threatened to withhold his support for judicial nominees because Harry Reid hurt his feelings, the senate has now confirmed Judge Michael Fitzgerald to the bench in California.

WASHINGTON — The Senate on Thursday confirmed Michael W. Fitzgerald as a federal trial judge for a vast region stretching from San Luis Obispo to Orange counties in California, after a political endurance contest that’s now standard practice on Capitol Hill.

Nominated last July, Fitzgerald had to wait four months following his unanimous Senate Judiciary Committee approval in November before winning confirmation Thursday afternoon on a 91-6 vote. Democrats finally threatened a series of special votes to break the Republican delay of Fitzgerald and other candidates.

Michael Fitzgerald was the fourth openly-gay nominee for the federal bench. All four were nominated by President Obama.

You know, because’s he’s worse than Bush. Or something.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in LGBT and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • sherifffruitfly

    Clearly we need to teach Obama another lesson.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Stay home in November! That will get us the progressive government we want!

  • http://www.facebook.com/apocooter Mike Edinger

    Dude still doesn’t offer his unequivocal support for gay marriage.

    I’m not saying he’s worse than Bush, nor am I saying I’m not going to vote for him. I’m just saying, Johnson was willing to lose the South for a generation.

    • JMAshby

      That’s incorrect. He has voiced support for marriage equality a number of times.

      What the president has said, however, is that he may not personally agree with gay marriage. That’s not the same thing as saying you want to block it, which he clearly doesn’t want to. If he wanted to block it, why would the DOJ drop its defense of DADT and now DOMA?

    • villemar

      Losing America for a generation because a POTUS isn’t as loud or overt or instantaneous an advocate on this issue as you may like (despite the fact that he’s accomplished more progressive legislation for the LGBT community in all of American history, in fact more than the previous 43 presidents combined) is not an option. There will be no United States within a generation if total power is ceded to the GOP. This is no hyperbolic speculation, this is a fact.

    • ranger11

      Oh crap, the historical presidential comparison bullshit again. I have to go; Vietnam is knocking at my door and I have to answer it.