Best and Worst Persons

Worst to NBC News for airing a misleadingly edited clip of George Zimmerman’s 911 call. The clip makes it sound like Zimmerman is volunteering the “he looks black” description of Trayvon Martin. Instead, he was answering a question from the dispatcher about Trayvon’s race. The NBC version:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black.”

The actual 911 transcript:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”

Dispatcher: “OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?”

Zimmerman: “He looks black.”

And NBC gets “Best Person”, too, for launching an internal investigation to determine how and why the tape was edited.

Look, there’s enough damning evidence in this case, no one needs to be making stuff up and giving the opposition an opening to attack.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://pulse.yahoo.com/_TLHIXVS2CHDJNWYPZJIZ5NNZ3A Robert

    Of course it is now proof that the kid deserved to get killed. /snark

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Worst to NBC News again for allowing Sarah Palin to host the Today Show tomorrow.

    The world would be a better place though if her only exposure to the national stage was hosting a useless fluff network news morning show.

    • Not Sayin

      Seriously? Shazbot. I live in bizarro world.

    • Miranda

      Worst x 2

      NBC just said “F it, we don’t care”….what next? The cast of Jersey Shore on the roundtable for Meet the Press?

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that Snookie Palin’s guest stint on Today is on the day that Katie Couric will be guest hosting Good Morning America.

      Ha! I’m bet her agent was on the phone to NBC within five seconds of hearing about Couric. The woman’s pettiness knows no boundaries.