David Brooks is Very Serious

On MSNBC today:

“And so, Obama’s problem is he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who could go into an Applebee’s salad bar, and people think he fits in naturally there.”

First, Applebee’s doesn’t have a goddamn salad bar, and, secondly, who the hell cares?! Applebee’s salad bar? I’m sure Abe Lincoln or FDR would have totally fit in at an Applebee’s, right? What an ass. We’re talking about the President of the United States — not the assistant manager from Blinds To Go on his lunch break.

Adding, when do you think was the last time Brooks was inside — or even within spitting distance — of an Applebee’s? Jerkass.

(via Ashby)

UPDATE: This article is from 2008.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in President Obama and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • burbank_burt

    Obama in Ireland:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5206QjFWmAk
    Obama on St. Patrick’s Day:
    http://newsone.com/1941255/barack-obama-drinks-guinness-st-patricks-day
    This president is one of the best in history. He’s human, he’s compassionate, he’s personable, he’s well spoken, he’s wick-ed smahht . . . and the list goes on.

    • Ned F

      The correct spelling is O’bama. Cheers!

  • muselet

    No, David Brooks has moved on to moaning about how mean President Obama is being to that nice Paul Ryan:

    There are few things you can rely on more firmly these days than the fact that New York Times columnist David Brooks will defend to the death the proposition that no matter what terrible things Republicans do, Democrats do them at least as much and probably more.

    His latest column rebukes the president for harsh criticism of Paul Ryan’s budget, partially on specific grounds, but mostly to push Obama back into his Brooks-designated box as someone who should be having a calm exchange of deficit reduction ideas with his fellow centrist-reformer Ryan.

    David Brooks is a hack.

    –alopecia

    • ShitMcFuckensteinAVC

      If I was President I’d karate chop Ryan in the throat.

  • jmby

    I do understand what he meant, even if I don’t think of the President in those terms. You know as well as I do that many Americans are intimidated by and resentful of, anyone they perceive to have more education, more money or a better life than they do. As W proved, waaay to many Americans vote based on which candidate they’d most like to have a beer with or seems as complacent and happily ignorant as they are. Thankfully for us, our President’s no fat, pasty-skinned moron in a cheesehead hat. Unfortunately for him, that’s a deal-breaker for far too many voters.

    • incredulous72

      Fortunately for us, the number of American voters who are complacent and happily ignorant are shrinking rapidly.

      They may be loud, but they are few in number. ;-)

    I worry, Bob, how you know that Applebee’s doesn’t have a salad bar.

  • agrazingmoose

    David Brooks is irrelevant and his writing for the NYT is haphazard and lazy. He should be fired when his contract expires.

  • caribbeanobserver

    Are you sure these columnists/pundits (or whatever they choose to call themselves) are not running out of things to write, and to verbalise? They sound so unintelligent against the normal thinking person!